I am feeling very bad now

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have been feeling bad for a while but feel even worse now that I have been told off by a couple of people for my reply on someones post.   I meant it to be helpful but I am obviously rubbish at that.   And rubbish anyway.  What do you do with rubbish except chuck it away?   Would someone please volunteer to chuck me away please?   I am serious.    I am garbage and belong with the garbage.  Thats how I feel and what I want.   

Have a go at me everyone I deserve it.  But promise afterwards to put me on the biggest rubbish dump you can find.  

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

WHAT!?!?

"that I have been told off by a couple of people for my reply on someones post. "

BS.. you are trying like everyone else to help others.. I'm sure your intent wasn't malitious, so your words will assist, or be . I haven't read the post. But I bet I'm more opinionated than you smile and I havent been 'reprimanded' by anyone.

The complainers should be banned for causing trouble on a public forum.

• Posted

Thank you froggy I am relieved that not everyone thinks badly of me.  I have been on here quite a while and this is only my second post.   I try to answer and help as many others as I can but it's hard when my depression kicks off like this.   

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion I just think they should try and be less direct about it.   This is a depression site and to be told so boldly my reply is 'rubbish' and not 'helpful'  makes me feel like rubbish.   I will tell the people the truth but at least I put it in as constructive and nice a way as I can.   

The poster of that post has just sent me a message to say she didn't agree with that anyway and thanked me for trying to help - which I was, So I am relieved about that.

Lets face it we all suffer from depression here and think we should be aware of how our words can upset people if phrased too directly.   I can't be the only one here who has a major problem with being criticised in a negative destructive way and I am wondering now if this site is for me.   It has certainly put me off replying to anyone for a while. 

Thank you for caring enough to reply froggy.  x

• Posted

smile Nah Worriez

btw NOT THAT IM INVITING IT... but I'm surprised that i have not had comments ..

George is right .. things can be taken the wrong way, and the issue is that someone like me remembers stuff face to face 15- 30 years after its said as if i have a DVD. Spent time practicing a speech on abuse from thursday all the weekend and the guy turns up nice this morning and I can't complain to him anymore. So all that wasted time and effort.

• Posted

BTW I'm a designer / pattener by personality, so my posts are either trying to 'make sense' of the situation or to run some idea on 'how something works' so those reading, please also bear with me.

If I / we make one comment that makes sense to any medic reading this forum that changes the way things are done for the better than i'd be REALLY happy.

• Posted

Hey...I read the post you're on about and I honestly cannot recall it being at all offensive..You are not rubbish,you've tried being supportive as the last person said.Please stop beating yourself up,you are worth so much more than that.Sending you good vibes x
    • Posted

Thank you Sally.   I don't think my post was offensive and I was only trying to help.   The replies I got from Paul and Loxie were offensive though and totally uncalled for.   I shall avoid them both like the plague in future.   

I think it will be a while though before I will have the guts to reply to anyone else in here though after this.   I am very down myself at the moment and more grief is the last thing I need.  Thanks again.  x

• Posted

There an expression on the 'net' called trolls - trolls are people who are deliberatly disparaging to others opinions on forums, online comments etc.. sounds like this could be correct here.. if so Celebrate! it means that this forum is popular enough to attract 'em smile
    • Posted

That's a lovely way of putting it froggy.  I have experienced trolls on forums before and they are very sad individuals.  I am feeling less like climbing on a garbage pile now thanks.   Bev x
    • Posted

HEY Bev - garbage piles is where trolls live so no wonder U got them!
    • Posted

Froggy luv ya.   You have actually put a smile on my face now and I thought that was impossible.   Don't want  trolls so will avoid the garbage pile I think.  Bev xx
    • Posted

Hey, I am so sorry that your posts were eliminated.  I did not read them but you say you were being helpful.  Try not to let it upset you too much and carry on posting here.  We all need support from each other.  Constructive comments are always welcome.  Shame some people have upset you to the point you do not want to answer peoples queries. 

It is always so much worse when we are down, and I think you are very brave to come on here and try to help others when you are feeling so rotten yourself.  Come on here if it helps you.  It is a free world, and your comments are as valid as other peoples.  Nobody likes to get upset, and perhaps, unknowingly, you upset others, and now yourself are upset.

Depression makes us all very sensitive. 

• Posted

You are not wrong there Anne!   Criticism always does me in and to make it a lot worse I had more than 1 critic.  To be honest until last night I was feeling pretty ok so up to trying to help others but I am not blaming those who criticised me.  It could easily have been something else which pushed me into the black hole.  Other times it wouldn't really have bothered me and don't know why it did then.   

Thanks for your reply and I hope you are well.  Bev x

• Posted

Hello Hypercat, the problem with the typed message is that you cannot put emotion or inflexion into the words you type. I have had loads of my messages and emails taken the wrong way, whereas speaking fave to face or on the phone is a lot better. I won't rubbish you, no way. A very old friend of mine is having a terrible time at present, and I WILL NOT give up on him. We are both retired gentleman, and I never thought I would see an old friend in such a state....I can only offer you my written support, and I have been close to cracking up in the past, so I know how it feels. I NEVER patronise anyone, if there is some way I can help, please let me know, best wishes, George.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for replying George and I am relieved to be reminded  there are so many nice people on here like you.    I know things can be taken the wrong way but there is a polite way to disagree without having to be nasty about it isn't there?   It's nastiness I can't stand and which makes me feel like rubbish.   

I hope you can help our old friend and he is lucky to have you.  Thanks again.   Bev xx

• Posted

Hello, I don't know the post to which you are referring to, but i can say i have read lots of your posts and have never thought you were anything but helpful. Do not take it personally ( thou i know how hard this is ). You are not rubbish, you are a valuable human being like the rest of us and don't think otherwise. Please continue with your support, you have given so many people great advice. I give advice rather than ask for it and get pleasure in helping others. Carry on with the good work.

Best wishes.

Elizabeth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.