I am getting a procedure for a small rectocele removed with vaginoplasty, have anyone had this done

Posted , 6 users are following.

if so, have you noticed a difference I had a episiotmy 20 yrs  ago and I have been insecure about sex...one dr. said that I should go to a physiotherapist instead

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes! I had rectocele only and BIG difference! I too was very insecure 
  • Posted

Also if the tissue is damaged, no amount of physio will fix it 
  • Posted

Hi Lisa:

After 4 births all with episiotomies, I too developed a large rectocele. I needed this surgery years ago, but fears delayed my decision. I had vaginal repair of my rectocele 7+ months ago, and it changed my quality of life! And sex is great with my husband of 35 years - again. Be sure to follow ALL of the post surgery instructions like no lifting, rest, etc. Don’t get constipated! Watch the physio videos on how to poop. I wish you the best of luck!

Susan

• Posted

Hi Lisa

It’s all a bit daunting but I had rectocele cystocele and perineoplasty after three years of increasingly difficult symptoms. I am only 5 weeks post op but so pleased I have had it done. I look forward to feeling like Susan.

Get meals in the freezer if you can. I stocked up on all sorts of basic store cupboard items and toiletries so no one had to worry about anything except fruit and fresh veg.

I took lactulose twice a day for ten days and daily for two weeks then stopped and all works perfectly. At five weeks my stitches are now dissolving and I hope then I will get more comfortable.

Follow advice strictly and get lots of rest.

I wish you all the best. Let us know how you are getting on? 

• Posted

Hi Lisa. I posted today about my experience. I am on the waiting list for a posterior vaginal wall prolapse, causing the bulge, which makes it difficult to make a bowel movement and sex is horrible. I'm only a grade 1, but having it done. I did the physio and it made no difference. She told me even if my pelvic floor is strong, the wall will stay where it is. The pooping thing you can sort out with laxatives and putting your feet on a step to poop, but I didn't want to take laxatives for the rest of my life. Good luck, have it done!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.