I am getting mild abdominal pain with lower back pain; could this be herniated disc?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys, 

I have been getting pain for a couple month in my lower back, but it's only been very mild pain. I started getting the pain after very heavy deadlifts at the gym, then the pain has been sporadic for that time. 

I went for sprints on Sunday morning and then afterwards my lower back was really in pain. I felt sick and dizzy in the evening for about 2 mins, then it quickly passed. However, since Sunday I have been experiencing mild abdominal pains in the mid abdomen area (near the belly button) and my bowel movement has changed as i haven't been going as regularly the last few days. 

I am just curious as I haven't been to the doctors yet. I wanted to go and see the best doctor at my surgery, but unfortunately he isn't available until next tuesday. If it gets worse then I will definitely make an appointment with another doctor, but at the moment it isn't giving me too much problems, just the mild pain is all. 

Has anyone experienced this before and could it be a slipped disc that is causing the stomach pain and lack of bowel movement? I had no problems before Sunday when I think I further injured my back. 

Thanks. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your pain. I'm not certain but is it possible it could be a hernia? I would definately get it checked out if it doesn't let up with the abdominal related symptoms.

• Posted

I had an herniated disc and it was agony, I also got sciatica and drop foot with it. It is quite possible that the abdominal problems are caused by the disc. Take it easy until you see the doctor.
    • Posted

Thanks. Also, because I haven't had bowel movements for a few days that could also be the cause of my abdomen pain. However, because the pain is only mild and irritating, I don't want to rush to the doctor.

I have an appointment with the best doctor at my surgery on Tuesday and would rather wait until I see him, as he is very thorough with his examinations. 

I was just curious as to whether anyone else has experienced these symptoms before, especially if you have herniated disc. It is a bit weird as it's only been since sunday that I have felt the pain. 

• Posted

Good luck with your doctor, it is worth getting a good one as some seem to know less than I do which is really frightening!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.