i am going through the menopause

Posted , 11 users are following.

as any of you ladys sufferd from hip pain and leg pain whilst going through the meno plz 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I for sure do!! Your not alone. It's mainly at night for some reason..sometimes not. I started yoga last night in fact (beginners) to see if this will help. I will keep you posted!!
  • Posted

Yes ,it's a fairly common symptom to many . You can wake up and feel stiff as a board  I do most days . Try and walk the aches out best you can . 
  • Posted

Hi Janice, yes, I do have trouble with joint pain and leg aches at times.  A gentle walk can be a big help.  I also want to try yoga.
  • Posted

Yes Janice I do ! I have constant deep ache / pain in right hip, lower back and my knees hurt and crunch very impressively ! It's horrible .
    • Posted

EEK, yes, the crunching!  Such an awful sound.
    • Posted

I know it makes me feel sick ! Donk know how bad it has to get before any kind of  medical intervention , probably have to be in complete agony !
  • Posted

Yes, since starting the menopause, I get a lot of aches and pains in my joints. Particularly affected are my hips and knees. It is worse when I get up and gets better when I start to move about and walk. I am going to mention it to my GP next time l, but I expect the suggestion will be to stay active and maybe take a vitamin supplement. I am not on HRT and don't want to go down that route.

• Posted

Hi Chucki , I have exactly the same problems with my knees, you can hear them crunch a mile off when I bend down its really noisy. I went to the doctor about it and basically said it's wear and tear, lose a little weight and keep active to build the muscles up . I'm not on HRT either, im like a creaky old gate when I get up but after a while I do loosen up, horrible getting older isn't it !
    • Posted

Hi Lou, yep I get the crunchy knees, particularly going up and down stairs. It can also be a bit painful putting on socks. The only plus side for me is that my once spotty complexion has cleared up a treat. But it is hard getting older and realising that actually those wretched periods did offer some protection! Oh well, must persevere. All the best.
    • Posted

Agree, I'd love to be five years younger again just for one day would be nice and really enjoy jumping up and down with joy and waking up happy instead of all this rubbish ! Yes we carry on because we have to !
  • Posted

Hi Yes Janice add me to the list too, like the others for some reason worst at night and stiff in the mornings too, when i wake up to go to the bathroom as i do at least once during the night,  well when i lay back down again the legs really throb and takes ages to get back to sleep again,  
  • Posted

I used to get the knee crunching in my late 20s for several years. Going up the stairs was sounding like eating chips.

Now when I go walking my right hip occasionally gives me this sharp pain and I feel as if I'm going to fall. It lasts a couple of seconds but very intense enough to take breath away. I thought I had a fracture.

Got it xrayed a couple weeks ago and came back as degenerative decline.

Had a birthday recently and its first time I ever wished I was 10 years older and finished with meno.

• Posted

Dear Janice

Yes i have hip pain on and off in the right hip and leg cramp at night mainly in right leg, i think it seems to help when i take a calcium supplement with magnesium in (when i remember to take it)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.