I am going to a Mayr Clinic soon in Austria.....will post results

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have decided to use some of my savings for overhaul on my gut.

Now this may or may not work, but I have tried everything, over 15 years with Fibro.

They say that they can cure arthritis ,and many other long term illnesses, including Fibro.....so apart from the expense,I am mentally ready for this strict regime.

Seemingly most of our illnesses stem from the gut,and the poisons that are emitted.

I will keep a diary and let you know how I get on,will be back middle of July.

There are some articles if you google Mayr Clinic health retreat.

I am going to the Park Hotel Inglis,Austria,but there are others.

Already preparing two weeks ahead of my departure,so that it doesn't shock my system too much.....I miss my coffee,and find it hard not to eat after 7pm.Also chewing is one of the most important parts of the treatment,using your saliva to mulch first before swallowing.

It's a detox of the gut and bowel.

Feeling positive.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi again...this spa/ holistic treatment sound amazing! i have a friend who went to Canyon Ranch in Florida, and loved it, but didn't keep up the diet plan afterr...let me know , have fun....
  • Posted

Well if this cures or put FM  or ARTHRITIS in remission... Keep is posted.

my hand feet main joints are very bad.. Effects my mobility and a life changing auto immune illness. That is the hen that layed the GOLDEN egg! I would love to have my life back.... I would gladly go.. Goers have no change on my arthritis FM .. I have tried them all. Anti inflammatory foods etc.

• Posted

Hi Hope4cure,

I also have tried everything.I have started to prepare myself for the clinic,and already find I sleep more than my usual 3 hours at a time.It is now 5 hours.....which is wonderful.I used to stay in bed to catch up on lost sleep, but now up at 7am.I have no caffeine now,and bought  a Nestle Caro alternative, and also sugar alternative.(both from Amazon) Nothing to eat after 7pm except a herbal tea (not Camomile) they say it causes allergies.

I am open minded to see what happens when I get there, and how it will affect me.I have also ordered Spelt bread to put in my freezer.

I will let you know all the other info, and what, if any good results come from this clinic.

• Posted

wish you much success ! you certainly seem prepared...keep us updated!
  • Posted

Hi Everyone,

I am back from my Austrian clinic....still have Fibromyalgia!

Wasn't expecting a miracle.

I was  disappointed I lost only 1kg after 10 days of soup and spelt bread,but the good part was I lost 7cm, and my bloating has gone.I was given supplements of grapefruit seed,which I take before meals.

My magnesium levels where good, so no need for that anymore, although I still use my spray for restless legs,and it works.

The big surprise was I vitually had no vitamin D in my body, which was surprising as I have lived in the sun for years with Fibromyalgia.

I am now taking a viatmin D capsule once a week,not with calcium.

So far not noticed any difference, but then I didn't know I was lacking in vitamin D.

But then it could explain in the last two years I have had more joint pain than usual, especially in my hips.I have already had one hip replacement.

I have now had Fibromyalgia for 15 years,some weeks are ok, some terrible.

As someone else who has had it for a long time, you just have to live with it, and not feel guilty staying in bed, and taking it easy.

Medication wise I have stopped amytripiline low dose,and only use very occasionally for severe bouts.

Hot water bottles,silk or satin sheets, memory mattresses and pillows help.

And if you can afford massages, well worth it.

Everyone has differing degrees of fibromyalgia.

I can look and be normal for maximum of two weeks, then something small can trigger it off, and I looked drained and can hardly move with pain.

I hope one day there will be a breakthough for this depressing illness.

As I write , I have to correct all the backward words I have written,this too has become worse.

Was the clinic worth it? well yes,I have no bloated stomach anymore,given me a bit more self esteem in my clothes.And I know my body needs vitamin D.

But as for helping Firbomyalgia no.

After many blood tests,they found out I was Yeast intolerent,and I am on a

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.