I am having Black stool for 2 years and more, what should i do ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I've been having bowel problems like indigestion, mucus in stool for TWO year+ now, I had bloody stool in the start but thankfully I havent seen any bloody in stool for 5months+. My question is what causes black stool. I get completely dark black stool once a month or its half black and half normal, and my CT Scan shows everything is normal. Once the black stool is passed, I have some kind of sensation in my stomach that isn't like pain or anything, and it's difficult to explain. I've been seeing doctors for two years, and I still don't know what's wrong.

These are the tests that are done:

CBC (2 Years ago Normal)

CT Scan (Normal)

LFT (Showed High SGPT at start but after 1 year was normal)

HBsAg (Normal)

Anti-HCV (Normal)

ANA, AMA, ASMA (Normal)

Stool Test(Phscical Test showed: Mucus, Loose and Indigestion like i said, Microscopic was normal)

H Pylori (Normal)

B12 (Normal, Slightly low started taking vitamins tablets for it)

In addition, when I wake up in the morning, I have pain in my right lower abdomen, back, and side, but not in the front. Is this related?

Any advice on what should I do next?

(Edit: Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this it posted itself On IBS Section)

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

I am assuming you are male? As you have had a stool test which is OK the blackness in your stool is probably caused by some sort of black,blackish food or it could be caused by an iron supplement. Is there iron in your vitamin tablets?

As no problem has been found have you tried a food diary to try and eliminate the food that causes you problems? Food high in fat, or regular alcohol consumption may be a cause. Try excluding all alcohol for 2 weeks. If you never drink alcohol try a low fat diet for 2 weeks. Sometimes its a long uphill struggle to find the cause but if all your tests are ok it may be something you are eating and you need to identify it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.