I am having left sided weakness with Bell'palsy on the left side as well. Can chiari be doing this?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been seeing a nuerologist since the beginning of this year for trouble swallowing, speaking, and walking at times. My MRI's just say I have two DVA's. My sister has chiari and had the decrompression surgery. I was wondering if anyone with experience in chiari could tell me if my MRI looks like chiari!

~Thanks

Amber Lenae

(currently laying down cause everything else hurts)😏

Going to try to post a pic of my MRI as my profile pic

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Sorry, I don't know what DVA means.  I have had chiari decompression. Some of the symptoms are eye,ear, swallowing, balance problems, back problems, arm and leg pain, stomach pain. Understand about laying down.  That is what I have to do as the neck pain is so bad.  I haven't found neurologist too helpful when it comes to Chiari.  You might schedule an appointment with a neurosurgeon.  Let me know what happens.

• Posted

Is there a way to post a picture of my mri?

DVA's are just developmental venous anomalys there are just weird veins I think.

• Posted

Hi,

I started having back pain in February of 2014 before my decompression. It has constantly continued since then. Presently, I pretty much stay in bed. I'm having so many problems it is unrealistic. Sad thing is there isn't anything anyone can do. My analysis is this: You start out with headache mine was head pressure then u get neck problems after that your eyes hurt

Back problems and eye pain begin and then u loose your balance all along you are having stomach issues and almost chocking I could go on and on. How are u feeling? Btw there is a U.K. Chiari Facebook support group that is really good.

• Posted

I have seen MRI on other sites.  I'm not sure about this one.  U might contact the moderator.  

• Posted

Hi There,

Best thing to day in my opinion, get 2nd opinion or ask your NS to advice you what you should do, explain it how are you feeling each day....I was first felt as you are..but I detested to get decompresssion, so as the months went by..I got worse..in a state where I was keep blacking out..sneezing, coughing made me fainted..so I could not stand anynore with the pain, the medicine was not able managing my pain..hence I took a decision to have the surgery..WELLL..THE BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MAD, ALTHOUGH I SGTARTED GETTING BACK PAIN

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.