I am having my ovary and part of my tube taking out how long will i be down

Posted , 2 users are following.

How long will i be down from having my ovary and part of my tube out.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

HI - You can expect to be out min. 6 weeks... you will still feel pain longer but will be able to get around by then. 
    • Posted

I work for amazon so i won't be able to go to work for about 2 months and is it very painful

• Posted

I should have mentioned that I had open surgery- quite a big incision which is why I said min 6 weeks. If you are having keyhole it’s much easier and less painful as Tracy says. 
  • Posted

Hi Tracy, I had my ovary and tube removed laparoscopically, and had lots of adhesions from a previous hysterectomy.

i also had a prolapse repair vaginally at the same time which was far worse than the ovary removal. Apart from shoulder pain after the op due to the gas they blow in so they can see, I had very little pain at all. If that had been the only thing I had done, the pain would have been gone in a few days, apart from the odd twinge if I twisted. A very easy op to get over. It’s not classed as a major op, don’t worry, you’ll soon feel ok.

• Posted

You might do, and it might bring your period on. There isnt much pain really, just discomfort.
    • Posted

Thank u that eased my mine a little bit. Do u know if it will make me start menopause. I am premenopausal now and how long will i be bleeding
  • Posted

If you still have your other ovary it shouldnt do, you wont bleed much at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.