I am having real bad pain in my lower back and I can't move

Posted , 5 users are following.

It doesn't matter what I do it will start hurting really bad in the lower part of my back its a stabbing pain especially if I try to stand up straight or sit or get up or lay down or just trying to walk period this has happened to me three other times in three months now I'm 31 years old never had problems with my back before should i see a dr

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes, an MRI may show up what's wrong? hopefully with a bit of physio youl be sorted in no time, let us know how you get on but take it easy in the mean time and try not to aggravate it even more, try ice packs 20 mins on 20 mins off wrapped in a tea towel 😊

• Posted

@stephanie1122,

I am so sorry that you hurt enuf to just have to scream for help from the old timers who have crawled up so we can help you. Now this is only what I

would do. If you can not lay down and get ANY relief, then get to a hospital asap. At least they will get you through the night and in turn.they mayl just give you some for a few days, more impotantly you will get a refferrall to see a good aà"" :ortho. Then pray .Soom afterthey will say its nothing PRAY PRAY HARD

• Posted

Are you in the US Lillorie? I'm asking because although it would be wonderful if she could go to the emergency room and expect some pain relief but most emergency rooms will not do that. Most people have a very unsatisfactory experience in the emergency room. The emergency room doctors are afraid to give any kind of pain relief to patients and just having back pain will not constitute a hospital stay.

• Posted

Yeah cause this has happened two other times and it last for four days and that's if I keep taking muscle relaxers and pain meds that it goes away

• Posted

This is not the first time this has happened and it always last for four days exactly i take muscle relaxers and pain meds and have to stay in one spot or I'm in excruciating pain from moving

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your back troubles... Sounds like you are going through a lot of pain and discomfort. I was going through the same thing for 3-4 years until i found a book called Healing Back Pain By: Dr John E Sarno. After finding a cure for my back pain i said i will reach out to everyone i can. 

3 Years ago I was in a car accident that caused a whip lash in my neck which resulted into major Neck, Back and Left Arm pain. After MRI's and Ex rays doctors told me i have a C5-C6 herniated Disc. After 2 years of Physical Therapy, injections, seeing neurologist and spinal doctors nothing could help. My Back surgeon advised surgery and I thought that was my way out of this misery. 3 months later I had the surgery and i finally started feeling better! I continued to get rehab and massages for a year and a half after the surgery and i felt great! All of a sudden the pain came back with a vengeance. At this point i could not bare the pain i was dealing with.. I could not sleep, lift, sit or lay down without feeling some kind of pain or extreme discomfort. 

This is when i found Dr. John E Sarno's Book. I've been reading all of his books this year and i can finally say i cured my back pain. This may sound crazy to some of you but what most of you are experiencing is not actually "back pain". It is oxygen deprivation that is making you think you have a back abnormality. We have a conscious and an unconscious mind. Most of you may have thoughts or repressed anger in your unconscious that you may have never addressed or faced. What your body is doing is distracting your mind from reaching into your unconscious by causing you to focus on a physical pain such as Back pain, Leg pain, Sciatica and so on. 

Unfortunately Dr. John E Sarno is no longer with us and has passed this summer. I do not work for him or any of his colleagues trying to sell his book. I'm just a normal guy that experienced all of your troubles. Its an easy read and the book is 8 dollars on Amazon. Give it a try and you will thank me later.          

Reviews on Amazon speak for themselves smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.