I am having really ectopic heartbeats

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I am having terrible ectopic heartbeats lately it feels like a skipped heartbeat or is so scary, it is stopping me going to the gym because I worry I am going to drop dead. I have had a load of cardiac tests done and everything seems ok apart from one issue which the cardiologist is not concerned about. it is so frustrating and is really affecting my life any advice.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes, go to the gym. Ectopics don't kill and a friends wife who had them found that they stopped when she was doing her six mile morning runs.

Google ectopic beats and marathon runners and you will find that they still run.

How many ectopics do you think you have in a day?

• Posted

I could have 5 or 6 in a row sometimes. or I could have 1 or 2 at different points throughout the day but i spend so much time consumed with worry that they are going to happen at any time

• Posted

Jesus that many. How would you learn to deal with that?

• Posted

God only knows. I'm in permanent AF and one gets used to that. I had two ectopic beats that knocked me off my feet. With one I was about to go to bed when I got a tremendous thud in my chest and shot forward landed face down on the bed with such force that one of the legs broke off. The other time I ended up stuck between an armchair and a small table.

• Posted

definitely work out. if youve had the tests, trust that there isnt anything wrong. i get these too, and its so distracting. if there was something seriously wrong with your heart you would know. I have to tell myself this all the time. i have bad episodes where my rythm is so off for a few beats, it feels like my heart is doing summersalts in my chest. but its all ok. i know how you feel. i actually found i feel better with working out.

• Posted

Thanks very much. Ya I know its so horrible and it would make u worry. Its crazy what the heart can do

• Posted

I had these and atrial fibrillation.. It never really worried me as I got used to them.

However I no longer have them. Vitamin D3, Magnesium (no one gets enough), Coq10 & potassium sorted me out. The only thing that gives me any skipped beats these days are crappy seed oils & too much carbs in one sitting.

Not sure how old you are mate, but I'm 57 & type 1 for 40 years. Just bought a bike and go to the gym 4 times a week.. Keep working..

• Posted

I am 25 and I am trying to sick with it. Doing a lot of swimming. Cheers for advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.