I am healing abnormally fast from labrum shoulder repair... should i be worried?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had arthroscopic repair of my torn Labrum (from dislocation) 1 week ago. 3 days after the surgery I felt, essentially, no pain and even the day after I felt only minor pain. I am in a shoulder immobilizer but I have had to take my brace on and off several times and changed my shirt solo. Am I just healing very quickly or what? In 4 days being where it usually takes people 4 WEEKS to achieve is very strange.  I do know that they had to put more bone anchors in then they expected and that I had a nerve block (wore off ~15 hours after surgery).

Seems I am WAY ahead of the curve! Should i be worried? Either the surgeon was perfect, I really am just that quick in healing (doubt it), or .... what?

Thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

wow, that sounds good. As long as you are using the immobilizer as the Dr suggested. I didn't change my shirt for 2 days because it was so painful to move my arm but not everyone has the same amount of pain. I would follow the surgeon's instructions as to how much to do as for exercises...there are reasons why they don't want you doing certain things to protect the surgical site...even if it does not hurt. Did they do any tendon repairs? You do want the torn and repaired tissue to tighten up so probably want some measure of immobility for a few weeks at least. Hope your healing continues smoothly!

• Posted

Hello.  Glad you sound positive and upbeat however BE CAREFUL!!  Slow and steady.  Address your progress with your doctor.  YOU DO NOT want to accidently yank out anchors. Good luck and post an update after you check in with the doctor.   
  • Posted

Yes, i am keeping te am in the immobilizer and planning to be vy careful..... dont want surgery again! Will also discuss it with my doctor this Wednesday. I don think that they repaired any endons but they had told me it was possible that they would have to... but i was too drugged up when i left to remember what they said :p
    • Posted

Hi. Amazing that you are feeling no pain. But, good for you. Definitely just continue to take it easy until you see your doc. I will be curious to see how you progress with your healing and also to hear what the doc says. Since there weren't any tendons involved I could understand less pain, but...who knows?! Best wishes!

• Posted

Thanks, much appreciated! I am definitely going to be careful... i dont want to do anything to cause the pain :p I will also respond on wednesday (or thursday, depending how painful PT is on wednesday :p) and let you all know what the doctor said.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.