I am helplessn

Posted , 5 users are following.

i live with my lovey girlfriend who I love very much and wan't to be together with her all the time. when i am with her I am happy for the most part. But i can't shake the thought of killing myself and i can't stop drinking. if i don't drink i can't fall asleep. i feel like a lost cause.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

hi cheese, i think killing yourself due to lack of drink isn't great really. i think getting help for drinking.might help more. have you spoken to your doctor? have you explained how you feel? have you tried to stop drinking? i am not your doctor, i am not telling you what to do but i am simply asking.

• Edited

you were not a lost cause. Nobody is. Many people feel that way when they are going through trials, hurt, depression, anxiety etc. And you are drinking because there is emotional pain on some level. You are trying to numb that pain.

Your girlfriend is comfort and that is great but in order to feel better, you need support for this.

Ending your life makes your pain or whatever you are covering up the winner. You are worth more than that.

Even if you don’t feel that right now. You can feel so much better. Reach out for professional help and you can start with a counselor. It’s such a relief to vent to somebody who can really help you. It’s time for you! Don’t waste another day feeling miserable.

One day you’ll look back and be so glad that you got that support.

take one day at a time. It’s time to reach out! ❤

• Posted

You have a girlfriend, that is a great start to a solution to your issues. Confide in her.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.