I am ill and due to have a partial hysterectomy on Wednesday! Ugh!

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I've been waiting for over a year to get a sub total hysterectomy! Finally I have a date and now I go and get ill!! I've had a stinking cold and fever all last week plus had a uti which is now clear. I still had a slight temperature yesterday when at out of ours Drs. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not sure if to carry on because of not being on top form. I'm going to ring up on Tuesday as it's Bank Hoilday here and explain and see what they say. I've been reading all sorts of freaky stories about ops going wrong on people with colds etc..

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If it were me I think I'd actually get to see my GP on Tuesday - get them to check you over and see if they think you are fit enough to go through with this. Hopefully if you are advised to cancel - they will give you another date that isn't too far away. My Aunt had to cancel an op she was meant to have due to sickness. They re-scheduled for 2 weeks later. You do need to be fairly fit - as I know a small complication can knock you sideways. Hope for the best for you!

• Posted

I would be surprised if they cancelled for what sounds like a cold. I think if you haven't got a chest Infection they would go ahead. They cancelled mine because I had a terrible cough and gave me another date for 6 weeks. Good luck x

• Posted

How are you feeling today? Did you see your doctor today? Good luck for tomorrow if it's still all going ahead 😉

• Posted

It's all on for tomorrow x waves of fear and relief x

• Posted

Hey how did it go? How are you? X
    • Posted

Hi there JVA! We'll all done and to feel empty feels amazing! I'm with a catheter at home and getting better slowly! The worst thing is the gas from the op that is nearly gone now and I'm so very very tired x thanks for asking!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.