I am in a bad spot

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Folks,

I have had gastritis for over 11 years. It's been an up and down situation for me. I have tried many remedies through out the years and at times things worked and at times they didn't.

I use to be able to tolerate even spicy foods over 1+ year ago but now my stomach is even more sensitive. I have been to the buffet 2 times in the past 3 weeks. each time after i left I had nausea and felt sick. I burned my throat by eating hot food. It was lots of food and a big chunk and i was not able to swallow all that food and burned my throat. This happened over 2-3 weeks ago.

back in the days when I had a bad stomach or reflux i use to just get on a probiotic routine and my stomach and reflux would go away after 2-3 days. I use to eat lots of food and even drink water with my food and never had an issue.

Lately I am getting bad reflux and I am eating foods that are not bad for reflux and I am even trying smaller food portions.

I have an endoscopy coming up and I am a bit nervous. I am an athlete and even weight lifting is making my reflux feel worst lately.

I have read all the horror stories about meds on this site and others. I do not know why I even have reflux. could it be because of my throat that i burned 2-3 weeks ago?

Even with meds I have read that some are still not finding relief. I tried nexium one time and it gave me the scariest anxiety. I am just scared of meds and cannot tolerate them well.

I am nervous about getting throat cancer and stomach cancer as well. Is anyone in the situation I am in? Please give some advice. I am trying to naturally heal my stomach and acid situation and it's not helping too much. I have been following this routine for 1+ weeks now.

Your advice is greatly appreciated and thank you for reading...

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi. ive suffered with stomach reflux for over 20 years. im on lanzparazol and gaviscone. like you im limited to what i can eat. when i get a bad flare up i eat raw white cabbage through out the day. it does tryely work i swear by it. hope tjis helps you abit x

• Posted

Thank you for caring and answering my questions. I been searching and reading non stop to get an upper hand on my situation. I have tried apple cider vinegar (makes my stomach/throat worst), Ginger (the same) and I have tried honey and it has given me horrible allergic reactions. I have modified my diet and eating 3 hours before I sleep. I can't take PPIs or meds like zantac at all. They just give me horrible jitters. How long can a person take gaviscon for? I usually take it at night before sleeping. By usual I mean 1 to 3 times a week and only 2 tablets.....

This is such a challenging issue and I am determined to heal my throat and move. Thank you for replying....have a blessed day 😃

• Posted

try eating raw white cabbage its brilliant for stomach reflux x

• Posted

yes believe it nor not it works. my tummy is very sensitive but no.problem eating this

• Posted

"back in the days when I had a bad stomach or reflux i use to just get on a probiotic routine and my stomach and reflux would go away after 2-3 days." (sorry I don't know how to quote properly after the new update so we'll have to roll with this)

Could it be because of your digestive system? Acid reflux can be caused by bacteria in your intestines, so, as you said, if it clears up after getting on a probiotic routine, it could mean that that's the issue for you. You say that you're an athlete so I guess you get enough physical activity so maybe something in your diet is just not working for you.

I'm in no way an expert, obviously! This is just an assumption.

Have you done the endoscopy yet? If so, what are the results like?

• Posted

Hi , try not to worry about the endoscope as it will tell you what is going on inside. They usually check for the H Pylori bacteria which is treated with a course of multiple antibiotics, i was relieved to find i did not have this as the treatment is harsh and can make you feel rough. The 1 st time i had an endoscope they found small hiatus hernia and small patch of inflammation in stomach , the 2nd time showed same patch of inflammation and another in top part of small intestine. I wish i could find a way to heal this as its obviously got worse. I was given nexium but stopped after having an incident with bright flashing lights in eyes and the hospital just told me to stop taking it as its listed in side effects. I have since had course of Ranitadine but had to cut down dosage before end of 4 weeks as i kept feeling sick on 150mg. I have since tried to keep it under control on just a 75mg dose but it keeps flaring up and seems to be getting worse now. I get worried after reading side effects on the leaflet that comes with medicines as they often look worse than the problem that they are supposed to cure. I get pain so bad it goes into back between shoulders or severe burning pain in stomach. Choose the option for sedation with the endoscope as you are nervous and good luck. Frances.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.