I am in immense pain and very depressed feel like there’s no where to turn

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have had four operations on my spine one at the top and three lower i am so fed up my last op was in 2016 i had decompression and fusion and i have had so many ct scans yet two years later and it still has not fused yet dwp expect me to go back to work my medication is very high doses of morphine pregabslin oramorph omepreze paracetamol and duloxtin i hardly know what goes on each day im in immense pain and keep getting numbness and tingling and spasms and cramps in my legs really dont know what else to do totally feel at my wits end

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jennifer.

Minus the operations, your story sounds so familiar its untrue.

I was also taking all the medications you list, however last year, i was put on Benepali injections, the first 6 months was horrendous, infections and all sorts. However 6 months on and life is dramatically different.

The difference in the last half of the year i personally believe is down to my cutting my self down and finally off ALL medication other than Benepali. Especially the Pregablin as it increase pain in other areas, it left me confused, dazed and extremely depressed

Obbiously everyone is different. But i do hope that things improve for you, there may just be that therapy or medication just round the corner waiting for you when you least expect it.

I gave up all hope 12 months ago, but now im verh slowly and syill painfully at times rebuilding and more importantly, living life again!

All the best for the future!

• Posted

It sounds like you are in pain because the operation did not fuse your spine segments or have been waiting for it to fuse. If you have osteoporosis that may make it harder for you to fuse. There are medications that promote bone growth. I take Forteo. I hope that will help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.