I AM IN NEED OF ORLISTAT😭

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I am very over weight and my bmi is over 30. I called my doctor and asked if I can get weight loss medicine and I was expecting him to give me orlistat as I have been researching about it and stuff. But he said they dont prescribe anything because they do more bad than good and I dont know wjat to do now. I suffer from type 2 diabetes and I go gym but i dont loose anything. Can anyone help me😭

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I only lost 10 lb in 6 months on them well a year next month but cause my weight stayed the same for 6 months I'm still 104 kilos and only other option will be surgery which I don't want I just feel like I'm never gonna loose it went gym also no weight loss so I dunno what to do either anymore x
    • Posted

Me either , i heard great results with orlistat and I just want to try it for myself. I get bullied and beaten up for being fat and I cant do.it anymore . The gp doesnt seem to carw and say they cant give me anything but thats a lie. I am diabetic and I will start injecting vicotza which will help with my weight but I really want more. I need orlistat 😭 i need help
    • Posted

Hi. I was offered orlisat by my GP after she complained my weight was creeping up every year. I started off at 106k I am now 94k. Orilsat does really work. You do have to have great portioncontrol. I find that I dont cut anything out I just cut it all in half. I also do circuit training once a week which is a great way to start to exercise. Ask a different GP and explain all your reasons, but I think the type 2 diabetes should be more than enough of a readon. Please do try again as it does work, but you will also have to put in the work!!
    • Posted

But how do I ask another gp? Do you mean another doctor i really need it i get bullied all the te and i hate it . I go gym and suffering from type 2 diabetes. I am going to call them and ask for another appointment omg how did you loose so mjcb weight so fast though ... i feel really fat and ugly. I hate it and the doctor doesnt care. I need orlistat 😭
    • Posted

i live in the UK and my gp wont give it to me for some reason

• Posted

Hi, I dont know why, but doctors dont seem to like to prescribe this medication. It does work, but you normally only get a short supply the first time to make sure it works for you and that you are putting in the effort fo help shift the pounds. It really is not a magic pill and there are some nasty side effects if you dont stick to a low fat diet. I still think yout GP should offer this to you. Did they give you a valid reason?You can also buy this from any chemist. Its not cheapthough. Please let me know how you get on

Try and get the GP to give you just a month first. I cant see the harm

Good Luck. Creamy

• Posted

Hi Laura,  my last reply was deleted, probably because I mentioned a website and I suppose they saw that as advertising.  All I wanted to say is that you can buy Orlistat on line quite safely from UK sourced sites.  It's not cheap - around £35 for a month's supply, but if you can afford it why not try it for a month and see if it works for you.  If so you could go back to the doctor with proof and ask for it on the NHS.  Good luck!
  • Posted

Laura you really should get a different doctor. I don't understand why some doctors almost make you beg for this help.

I have been on these pills for just over 6 months and I am now down from 118kg to 92kg. They have really helped me. But you do have to put the work in for them to work. Good luck. x

• Posted

I know that I can control my portion sizes with the help of orlistat. I go to the gym 5 times a week and do yoga twvie a week. Here and there i so eat a little fat but just a little . However, from all that effort for the past 2 years , i havent had a huge difference only ever lost 2kg max. It makes me really angry as I am suffering from diabetes ans I am quite young so i dont want to live like this no more . I need these pills and hopefully will get them on the 10th , hopefully.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.