I am interested in anyone's treatment of Lichen Sclerosis, and how it worked

Posted , 6 users are following.

Helle Everyone,

I am new to this site.  I live in Victoria Australia and I was diagnosed with LS 4 years ago.  I have fusing which I had been told can't be reversed, so I have been very interested in the comments about the Coconut Oil.  I have been using Diprosone OV Cream and had most of the LS under control.  I see a Dermatologist 6 monthly.  To be honest I got slack with the cream and wasn't applying it twice weekly anymore.  So of course i have now active LS again but this time when I use the Diprosone OV Cream I am bleeding and sore.  I do not have an itch and hadn't had flare ups I found the LS originally whilst grooming the area.  I also have a leaky bladder, which the doctors will not correct,  so I have constant urine to skin contact which in my mind, is what has caused the flare up at the moment due to having a chest infection and continual coghing for months.  I started to use Organic Coconut Oil today to see how things go.  I would be grateful for any other tips as I was thinking about using Emuaid of Vaseline as a barrier but I thought I would try the Coconut Oil when I read the posts as I thought it might be gentler.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie, I too have a degree of urinary incontinence,and use tens

Liners which do wick away moisture. I also use coconut oil

after spraying with water with bicarbonate of soda dissolved in it.

This after most toilet visits. I use the steroid cream just once a week

There is a link on this web site to ''an e

experiment with borax'' In The UK borax is banned so haven't been able to

Try it. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you Ann. I Do use a panty liner I used to use TENA but I read somewhere that it wasn't good for LS so I changed to Poise, the brand they recommended.  I was looking for the info to post on here but I couldn't find it. I was reading about Borax and was going to see if I can buy it in Australia.  I am using the coconut oil at the moment, started yesterday, to see if i notice any improvement.

I know it is such a small inconvenience but I honestly get sick and tired of having to attend to down stairs so often.  A small problem for some and I know other people have so much more serious medical conditions but I never thought so much focus would be in those parts of my body lol.

• Posted

Dear Julie,

Hope you can get some relief soon, sorry to hear about your

Bladder,

The Vaseline does help a little, And there is no stinging ,

• Posted

Thank you Lorraine.  I had a totaal hysterectomy when I was 35 so not having any Estrogen since then my bladder suffered.  I have gone back onto Vagifem everyday for 7 days and I am noticing a huge improvement in the bladder area when coughing and I have only been on it for 3 days.  Fingers crossed things tighten up again.

I know it is such a small inconvenience but I honestly get sick and tired of having to attend to down stairs so often.  A small problem for some and I know other people have so much more serious medical conditions but I never thought so much focus would be in those parts of my body lol.

• Posted

Good morning Julie ,

You know, I know exactly what you mean,

Where would we be if we couldn't laugh,

I feel like I'm getting on everyone's nervous at home,

Thank goodness for all you lovely people,

And thank you, 😊

• Posted

Hi Julie

You said you have no itch? Lucky you, that's what drives me up the wall, is the itching. I first got the lesions from scratching, I didn't know what it was. Then I ended up with an infection in the area, treated that, then a biopsy confirmed it was LS.

This was 6 years ago. Trying everything I read to see if it helps. So far Perrins Naturals Creme for me is the best. I have to make sure I wash after each toilet visit, that does help. I still use the steroid cream about once or twice a week. When I get itchy I just rub the area lightly over clothing, that helps. I don't want the lesions again. So I just grit my teeth and wait for it to subside. What we have to go thru really sucks.

Have you had a biopsy before using any prescription creams? I'm really surprised you have no itching. As far as I know, itching is the first sign of LS. Wishing you lots of luck. Hope you find something that works for you. Good luck.

• Posted

I have had wonderful luck with The Borax.  I understand it can be purchased on Amazon.  I use it in a small spray bottle, hot water and abput 1/4 tsp Borax, then shake shake ahake till it blends, no lumps I sift it first.  It will lst a week or so.  This is used after each trip to the bathroom and at night I apply a vasoline type goop to keep the area moist.  Good luck.  By the way I have constant bladder problems too.  Vitamin D complex seems to help that.  Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Julie I have LS and at times it drives me mad I do use a steriod cream plus I use Hydromol emollient bath / shower wash and Hydromol emollient ointment as a moisturiser which I find very good, mostly it is under control but there are times when it drives me mad and I just don't know what to do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.