I am literaly to the point of giving up

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have lost 11lbs in 27 weeks (6.5 months) - no apparent reason for the weight loss - eating normally, cut alcohol out weekly now and drink only Fridays, I used to drink 2-3 times during the week but not anymore, this weight loss is driving me insane, weighed myself yesterday and lost 4lbs in a week, really?! This is not normal for me!

Can someone please help me!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi

any info?

• Posted

Hi there

I went for blood tests, upper abdominal scan & and bowel tests all came out normal - after that I gained the weight again

• Posted

So I am curious bear with me my question mark key is broken. You lost a ton of weight after cutting back alcohol from daily to once a week. Then you had tests done and gained it all back. If my summary is correct I would say that alcohol is extremely high in fat so cutting it out might explain the initial weight loss. But you may have replaced it with something else like possibly eating more which might explain the weight gain. Is that possible.

• Posted

Hi there

Thanks for replying

My GP says stress and anxiety coupled with cutting out the alcohol and being a bigger size does impact weight more so than some others.

He is comfortable that the bloods and scan is normal & there is weight gain, after all the tests were done I seemed to have relaxed and grazed again so maybe that is why I have gained again

• Posted

It depends on eating habits. Something many do not realise is that eating lots of fats can also cause the digestive system to work harder, its best to have balance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.