I am looking for a good Neurosurgeon I have Hemifacial has anyone used Henry Marsh - LONDON ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone know the success rates of Henry Marsh operations to do with Hemifacial please?

I also see Mr Neil Kitchen name come up on the internet but I know nothing of these two people success rates.

Thanks for reading this everyone.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chris, I too have recently been diagnosed with hfs so I have done a lot of digging around concerning neurosurgeons. Although I dont know the exact success rates of henry marsh or neil kitchen I have only heard good things about them. Another good neurosurgeon who has been mentioned several times is Nik Patel who is based in Bristol. I am attempting to make contact with him at the moment but unfortunately my case of hfs is being complicated by a brain avm which I was diagnosed with only3 weeks ago. The avm is apparently causing my hfs as a secondary condition so at this stage I don't know if any of the hfs surgeons can help me or not. A good place to go for more support and info is the international hemifacial support group on facebook. Its a closed site for members only so if you want more help join up like I did, its a great site. Good luck!!

Caroline

• Posted

Hi Christ I have had HFS since August, 2013. I have been to the general hospital lately and was speaking to a doctor who visited me and I told her about the MVD operation. Unfortunately this operation is not performed in my country, so I mentioned that it is done in Bristol U.K by Nik Patel.  I have had a cranial angio 2 weeks ago  and there dosent seem to be anything wrong apart from the HFS. I am still waiting to see what is going to happen. But it seems that Nik Patel is one of the best. Wish you good luck  
    • Posted

Hi Williamsmummy4 I come from Malta and am at the moment waiting for results from hospital but nothing as been forthcoming yet and am quite anxious at the moment. Hope all will be ok with you too.
    • Posted

Hi Gladys,  yes I can see that there would be limitations in Malta as it is a smaller country.  I do hope you get the answers and help you need. Botox may be something that you could try as a temporary measure, I have my first round next month, I'm not in a position to have mvd myself yet (due to my brain avm). You have obviously done research on surgeons in the uk so perhaps you are considering private treatment? If you're not already a member then consider joining the international hemifacial spasm support group on facebook, lots of advice and much needed support for each other with the group, we can help support you too as we know how you feel 

:-)

caroline

• Posted

Hi Chris.  I had my op for hfs two years ago at addenbrookes in Cambridge.  My surgeon was me kirollos an Egyptian surgeon.  He and his team were fantastic and as my op was a success (so far) I would have no hesitation in recommending him.  Good luck!!
  • Posted

Hi,

I had MVD surgery 3 wks today with Mr Henry Marsh at St George's. .it is a complete success but have a palsy post op that should resolve in coming weeks.he is absolutely amazing man and have full confidence in him.he is retiring around March next year so get in fast.your GP,can send letter to his secretary and she will organise an appt with him.,good luck.Nick.

• Posted

Hi Chris, did you have surgery yet? Henry marsh did my Mvd! It was a success in that it cured my spasm, but unfortunately it left me completely deaf in that ear.  Although I don't regret the op and he is an amazing man, I do feel so unlucky to be one of a handful, of patients of his that this happened to. He was obviously gutted.   It is a risk I took, but I guess we never think it will happen to us!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.