i am looking for some relief from dry mouth caused by my bp meds

Posted , 5 users are following.

i am miserable & cant get the dr's to help me. i take multiple meds for my blood pressure and i have a severe dry mouth. i get sores on my tongue, inside my lips & cheeks. does anyone else have this problem?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

have you tried bonjela mouth ulcer treatments?

Maybe it is a side effect of what you are taking but you will need a professional opinion. How about talking to a GP or pharmacist?

Richard

• Posted

I get this but only from time to time so I can't blame it on a particular medication.

Bonjela heps but a much better one is Orabase. It is a tick protecive paste that sticks to the affected area.

I got it from my GP and am not sure if you need a prescription for it. I find that after about four days there is great improvement.

• Posted

I   got this when  I took Ramiprill   ????????????

wonder if that the med that dmathes is taking

• Posted

I have found over the years that several meds have caused dry mouth and cough.

With Ramipiprill I was going round like a Zombie, tired, muzzy head and light headed. We were in London for a few days catching up on theatre shows and I kept dozing off even when in the front row at the loud Priscilla Queen of the Desert and The Jersey Boys.

• Posted

It is awful drug, I take 50mg of Atenolol a day now it helps alot  keeps the heart rate steady and no side effects for me ,what do you take? There is a risk of diabetes with this drug though can.t win can you!!!!  Wish I could go drug free thats in my dreams I think...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.