I am losing my mind, please help!!! pain/IBS/perimenopause

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi this is Jenn, I was diagnosed with IBS over 10 years ago when my mother passed away.  I am now 49 and I am noticing my IBS is not really getting worse, just changing...had more D now more C.  Is this normal, my Gyno said I am in Peri...now my IBS is more crampy, achey, and effecting my hips and back.  Can someone please give me some information..I am miserable and very upset..

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, peri does make things worse, try avoiding insoluble fibre such as wheat and resistant starches such as pre frozen bread, reheated potatoes, etc.  Instead, up your insoluble fibre, such as oats.  This worked for me.  Good luck.
  • Posted

Try the Fodmap diet.  Are you suffering with more wind than before?  Avoid all garlic, onions, leeks, and especially dried onion powder in things and see if that helps.  You can improve things.
  • Posted

yes i get the cramping and my hips get so bad lord knows then the weather dont make it any better 
  • Posted

There is a diet for IBS that you can follow. Look it up on the computer about IBS diets 

Chesse should not be eaten and dairy stay away from that as it can irritate ibs symptoms 

There are other foods that can irritate the symptoms too look it up and see what okay to eat with IBS 

• Posted

Thank u Susan, it just so happens that I eat a lot of dairy.. cheese especially.. ice cream and yogurt. Have to look up that diet.. thank u so much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.