I am new here

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello all,

I am new here. Read this site for an hour tis morning. I want to quit Mirtazapine also. What a drug. If I'd only knew. Thanks for all the input.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I wasn't finished with my first post. Accidently posted.

Have been on 15mg mirtazapine for couple of years. I started clipping about 1/4 off each 15mg pill. I'm on my second day. I tried to quit 6 months ago by taking one every other day. Didn't work. Started the "all is hopeless" feelings. then i tried 1/2 tab a nite. Same hopelessnessness. If this 1/4 off doesn't work I'll clip 1/8 off. I have a 2 week pill minder so every 2 weeks I will reduce the amount. I was wanting to feel better when I started, gee what s shocker.

10 years ago i quite prozac 40mg by taking 1 every other day. It was painless. I know they are two different "monsters", half lives and all but wow what a difference. I once again am on 40 mg prozac along with the 15mg mirtazapine.

• Posted

hi tom i have been on mirtazipine for over 8 years now and iwas oroginally on 30mg i i used to take at night , but i found it didnt really help with my anxiety during the day i am now prescribed 15mg and i started taking every morning it for me helps better and by the end pf the night starts to wear off and i watch tv then sleep , i am now down to 7.5mg and still it works for me but i am no doctor and everyones metabolism works different , i noticed that if i increased back to 15mg i would get really high panic attacks and edgyness and anxiety so i reduced back to 7.5mg and theu have gone thank GOD, so i would say nest to reduce slowy as it can really affect your nervous system and brain mirtazipine works on brain receptors to work and if you redice too quickly it can cause shock to brain maybe try speaking to your doctor about coming off it also i heard liquid version works good especially if someone wants to come off it also remember everyones body brain and health is different

• Posted

thanks for sharing your experience with taking mirt in the morning, may help a friend of mine. also, ive always woken up 2 or 3 times a night. will try splitting mirt dose, take second half when i wake up the first time, perhaps may mean just wake up the once.

• Posted

there are horror stories for most of the anti depressants. mirt, ven and cymbalta tend to get more, but probably because people going on them, are in a worse condition than those starting/taking ssris. i take ven with some mirt, and feel the best ive felt in years. early last year, i went nuts when i started on citalopram, caused me to have a mini breadown. have had no issues with ven or mirt. as far as im concerned, citalopram is monstrous, but know its one of the best ssris.

• Posted

couldnt agree more nigel, ive come off mirt 3 times, currently trying to get off cit and its hell!

• Posted

sorry about spelling if you do reduce expect a bit of changes such as anxiety and few side effects you have to remember your body and brain is used to a certain amount and when reducing it is looking for that it takes a time but will eventually settle GOD willing but speak to your doctor about it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.