I am New to IBS been a year and your discussions helped me a lot. Want to share what's helped me.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I take Mebeverine 135mg as prescribed, 3 x a day. I have Black seed oil(1tsp) or 1/4 tsp seeds with warm 1/4 cup of Honey water every morning. 

i avoid chillie food but do crave and suffer little if tried as there's this best thing thats happened to me taking:

Isabgol 1tsp i soak in 1/4 cup water with roza syrup or plain water it turns into jelly and i have it everyday before lunch, after my 2nd Mebeverine.

Google Isabgol and you'll get the goodness of it. it stated it help's constipation but i have runny stomach and it has greatly helped me. help's wise versa.

I also went through IBS attack never knew till i read and now being very careful as its horrible.

Please Google: Isabgol

Isabgol is an excellent natural product in India. Isabgol (Psyllium husk ) has several health benefits that you don’t know. Every household almost has this fantastic product at their home.

I felt very sad after reading to what all you going through, as i did too, thought i'd share my story!

Hope it helps you too..... keep consistency like how a diabetic or high blood pressure patients have to monitor.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I find Buscopan and Nurofen help my IBS.  Lots of fruit helps my constipation and Imodium helps if I get diarrhoea.  Avoiding stress has kept me in long remission and my bowel movements have settled down.  Mebeverine didn’t agree with me.
    • Posted

hi hun what sort of pains do u get and other symptoms please ive just been given mebeverine feel like someone has kicked me in my right side very painful bloating and constipation thankyou
    • Posted

i've just started mebeverine and true i've heard many say it hasn't work with them, i also get pain on the right as you described. i need to monitor that.

but as for fruits it helps a lot, before lunch i have 1 banana as must and any other fruit like grapes, peaches or plums, strawberries help a lot too, avoid melon totally.

ive also experianced on and off bloating.

seriously try taking 1 tsp isabgol before lunch, it works wonders, google it. its excellent for constipation as well.

• Posted

yes you are right, fruits help a lot, i eat a banana before lunch and grapes or any fruit avoiding melon as that causes loose stomach.

as for mebeverine, ive just started few months ago. i have heard many complain it doesn't work with them.

i need to monitor that. i have allergy to paracetamol, asprin, ibrofen, i can only take mefenamic  acid tablets as pain killers as initially paracetamol started me off with diarrhoea. 

thank you, highly appreciate your response.

• Posted

stress is the main cause of triggering IBS. 

thank you for your response. highly appreciated 

• Posted

When I first got IBS,  I had four different types of pain: dull, stabbing, deep grinding and sore to touch.  The pain was generalised, moved about and went into my back.  I had constipation, loose stools and nausea.  Getting a diagnosis cleared up my health anxiety and improved my symptoms.   I take Buscopan and Nurofen as and when I need it and Imodium if I get diarrhoea.  Thankfully, I haven’t needed them for a while.
    • Posted

Getting a blood test from someone who didn’t know what she was doing triggered permanent neuralgia and the stress of that caused my IBS.
    • Posted

Thr problem with Mebeverine is that is designed to help with IBS D only and so it will bung you up.  If you have IBS C,  however, you will already be constipated and a constipating medecine on top will only make it worse.

I have IBS C.  At first, I was unaware that I was having side side effects because my reactions of constipation and indigestion did not appear on the patient leaflet.  All it said was that it was potato based so I assumed I had a potato intolerance which was not the case. I got into an awful panic because I was getting worse and I thought I had something serious.

I only realised it was the medication that was causing it when I googled the medication side effects and all my problems came up.  I tried the medication twice and felt very unwell on borh occasions.

I think it is also supposed to help if you have symptoms after eating because you have to take it 20 minutes before food.  However, I have no food triggers and all it did for me was to give me severe indigestion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.