I am new to this.....need support and guidance!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello everyone. So I know I have a drink problem but keep trying to convince myself I don't......

However after waking up this morning with another awful hangover, a shirty husband (understandably) although he only thinks I had one bottle of wine, I secretly drank and hid the other bottle, and two young boys wanting to do "stuff" I have realised I need help so have joined here for guidance and support 😍 

Thank you for listening xxx

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Once you start drinking 'secretly' (I'm using speech marks because it might not be as secret as you think) then you have a problem.

?So you can stop convincing yourself otherwise and spend the time more usefully reading all the good advice and support on this forum!

?Realising you need help is half the battle. I'm sure you'll be fine.

• Posted

Welcome to you. GoogleC3 Foundation and check out the videos and The Sinclair Method and you will be amazed at 80% success rate 😀Robin

• Posted

Hi Winkle your story resonates with me and as Alex says your drinking probably isn't as secret as you think.My son when he was quite young used to find my hidden cans or bottles as I used to forget where I had put them. Also it's usually pretty obvious to the onlooker that you are drinking a lot more than than you say you are.Stop convincing yourself there isn't a problem. I am sure deep within you you 'know 'I stopped drinking for several years and was so 'proud ' that I easily convinced myself I never really could have had a problem. I then started drinking 'socially and nicely ' but I soon had jumped back on the train so to speak where I last got off and the alcohol was ruling again. The binges continued until I found help on this site and discovered there was an easier way for me to get to grips with my alcohol issue Take Robin's advice and Google C3 Foundation and also One Little Pill .You could be pleasantly encouraged to find there really is a way.I have followed the Sinclair method for some months now and life has truly changed for the better on so many levels . Keep coming back Winkle ,there is a warm welcome and lots of support here 😁

• Posted

Hmmm secret hidden drinks-half a bottle of vodka stashed in the cats basket! Hubby was sheepish about that one 😂 all is good with the brilliant TSM

Hope you are well

JulieAnnex

• Posted

Yes all good JulieAnne , Glad hubby is doing well , it's one amazing thing this TSM if it's followed properly. Have to laugh about some of the hiding places .I once spotted a half bottle of vodka going round in the washing machine lol 😁 Not so funny at the time though !

• Posted

Hello Winkle 1979

?Good on you to ask for help and admit you have an issue with drinking . What got me thinking more a couple of years ago was when my adult kids started saying things like .... Mum , we know you don't get out much and like to let your hair down etc but you only seem to be able to have one or two drinks before you start acting like an idiot or becoming over emotional . You must have a different reaction to most people that can drink normally !!!! 

Of course , they didn't realise I had downed a bottle before seeing them , oops ! . Plus I would be tormenting myself after with guilt , but then again , would do it every single time ...... sad 

?I have now been completely honest with my kids and they have been amazing , but if I'm honest If you are thinking of becoming clean completely with your hubby or friends and family surrounding your issues , then I would advice you to tread very carefully .I opened up to my Mum and a few friends etc and regret it . 

?I'm doing well on the Sinclair Method and I would recommend this highly , although do your research about side effects etc . I'm into week 11 or 12 now , I've lost count . It's been a very slow and gradual process for me and it's only just now that I'm really feeling a shift of change . I only had one glass of wine last night . I poured the second and just the thought of it turned my stomach 

?I find , as soon as I deprive myself then I become worse so this method is great for me . I really hope you investigate all your options so that your life will feel more fulfilled in other ways . I also feel that for us to use alcohol as a crutch is one thing . We can easily turn to the drink if we face a problem in life but when it turns into a habit then we really are going down a nasty road . I've had nearly 20 years of it and got to the stage of using it daily to help every emotion I experienced , good and bad , plus dealing with boredom like housework etc . How sad sad 

?For me , I am keeping busy , working a lot , getting lots of exercise and most importantly following TSM , The Sinclair Method . It can be a hellish experience getting it but worth it . We are worth it 

Very good luck and take care xx

• Posted

Thank you everyone.  Managed to not have a drink last night......have booked to go spinning tonight as know that evenings after boys are in bed are my nemesis. 

It's so good to know I have somewhere to turn to. Xxxx

• Posted

Morning all. Managed to nit drink last night, however I feel like I have the worst hangover this morning, is that normal?! 
  • Posted

Hello again 

?With the levels of drinking you spoke about then I would be very surprised if you didn't suffer any withdrawal  symptoms . From experience when giving up drinking , I would only start to feel much better and clear in the head on day five of not drinking . I would get night sweats, shivers especially in the morning plus quite bad headaches . Try and stick with it and be patient . Your body will be craving sugar probably so make sure you eat enough , infact more ! drink loads of refreshing cold drinks and take some vitamins too 

Well done for not drinking . Take it day by day , you'll do great 

xx

• Posted

Fully agrees with Rainbow. I had cold sweats in the night, shakes and worse. It takes time for body to re adjust 😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.