I am not feeling pain for 2 days what should I do

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking Ibuprofin 800 mg calf stretches with the towel icing for about a week now the last 2 days no pain in the heel when I push off from my toes. Is it gone should I wait another 2 weeks b4 I start running?  IDK!!!

I am running a marathon 4/20/15  and 4/26/15  I need to start training but I am afraid it will come back and I am running out of time if it starts hurting again

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Of course I can't assess your feet from across the pond, but in general PF is something to be very conservative with.  If you start running, just run a very short way, then wait for 12 hours to see how the foot feels before doing any more.  Often when you aggravate it, you can't always tell right at the moment you do it.  If it were me, I would wait more than a couple of days after the pain stops to try running.
    • Posted

I was thinking more like a week and then running for like a 1/2 mile then going from there maybe a mile the next day
    • Posted

I would try  100 yards first, just to see if the force used to run is too much.  bear in mind that I'm 54, so my experience with healing is probably different from yours if you're younger.   
  • Posted

Thank God first and formost!!! But please don't be silly and re-injure yourself. Its not worth that pain is it? Clearly you had a mild case of this or it wouldn't even be a question for you. God bless and please be careful.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.