I am now on day 8 of champix

Posted , 4 users are following.

No change yet. The only thing I have noticed is I am tired.

How long before I should notice a difference?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue, I was the same. I didnt feel any change early on and thought they werent working. Set my stop day at day 15 and found that between day 10 and 14, I was smoking less than normal to the stage that on the evening of day 14, I couldnt be bothered smoking. It was working really subtly. Seriously, just keep smoking as normal and hopefully the pills will work. Found I was only taking a few puffs and then getting bored smoking. I do know of people who could not stop on their chosen date. Dont give up, just give yourself another week. Keep in touch with us, lean on us, moan to us. Good luck.
  • Posted

How are you now? Have you noticed a changed in the taste? I'm on day 5 but although I'm still smoking they are starting to taste really horrible! I plan to stop about tuesday Wednesday next week around day 10. Hope it's all going well for you.
    • Posted

I still havent noticed much of a change but... will stay on it and see what happensĀ 

Good for you hope it works for you smile

Keep us postedĀ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.