I am on Celexa 20 mg and progress is slow

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello I am 32 and have been very panicy for 3 months. I started on 10 mg of Celexa for 2 weeks and now on 20 mg after 2 weeks. It has been 6 days since increasing to 20 mg and things are not much better in fact to some extent seem worse. Has anyone experienced this after a total of 3 weeks on Celexa.

I am very dissappointed at the moment.

Thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello I'm on 40mg of this drug. Every increase can take up to 4-6 weeks to fully work. I've recently gone up to 40mg and the first few weeks were hell . These tablets do make u feel worse before you feel better. It took me a good 3 -4 weeks to start feeling better on the increase. I believe every increase to take it's like starting again and I've noticed the higher the dosage of citalopram take a big longer to settle. I would suggest to hold it out for at least 3 weeks if your not feeling any better by then speak to your gp. But I'm sure I will be feeling better after 3 weeks of the increase it does take time to settle again. 😊

• Posted

Thanks for your comments I will stick it out for longer.

Thanks again.

• Posted

Hi there

i agree with Cheryl completely. I started cit 3 months ago at 10mg, increased 2 weeks later to 20 and recently to 30. Side effects all came back each time. It's a bit of a rollercoaster ride to be honest but I've now started to feel so much better. We are all different, some people have no issues at all, others take weeks or months. I know you probably don't want to hear months but hang in there, it will be worth it x

• Posted

Totally agree with everyone else.

May dose kept being upped after 3 weeks and just kept getting side effects.

Each dose needs time to settle before you know if it's working.

We all need to be patient ( easier said thanks done I know) washed doctors advised people of this.

They do work and work will for most people. Just got to give them time only the dose you need. Stay strong and keep chatting.

• Posted

Hi Zoe.

Yes I'm good thanks. It's taken 3 damn months but am hoping it's now all in the past although I'm not holding my breath!  I think when you've felt so bad for so long, it's hard to be completely positive that it won't happen again.  

How are you? X

• Posted

Hi

Agree with everyone. I started at 25mg on a different table for 1 week and then changed to 20mg of cit. The side effects were horrid and was ready to give up. People on here helped me to carry on and its sure worth it! Been 6 weeks now and things are better. Still have pressure headache but can cope with that . Looks like very increase starts the side effects again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.