I am on my second mirena coil, the first I had for four ...

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am on my second mirena coil, the first I had for four years but strings went missing so had to have it removed by general anaesthetic. The new one which I have had 6 months now is working well as it not having any periods but I have extremely sore breasts, feel very heavy and uncomfortable. I have also gained weight but not sure if mirena is the cause.

[i:8146977943]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:8146977943]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had my 2nd Mirena fitted 5weeks ago first one was in for 5 years, since this new one has been fitted i have felt really quite depressed, had some substantial hair loss ( it feels much thinner) and my stomach is bloated along with my legs, not sure if its all connected. im a nurse so im not overeacting i dont think i know all the blurb and pros and cons but this is too weird to be merely a coincidence.
  • Posted

hi girls .....

i have had my first coil fitted november 2006 after my second son, the first one fell out ....

i got a new one fitted and everthing has been ok i have put on abit of weight and have had spots which i will put up with as im only 24 and not ready for another baby yet as my eldest is only 3....

up until today i woke up this morning in excruciating pain under my belly on the sides its very sore and doint no why i have took pain killers and they havent worked ....

have anyone had this and what was it or what could it be could it be the coil ??????????

any advice helpfull

• Posted

[quote:6d4f1c7e34=\"T.\"]I am on my second mirena coil, the first I had for four years but strings went missing so had to have it removed by general anaesthetic. The new one which I have had 6 months now is working well as it not having any periods but I have extremely sore breasts, feel very heavy and uncomfortable. I have also gained weight but not sure if mirena is the cause.

[i:6d4f1c7e34]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:6d4f1c7e34][/quote:6d4f1c7e34] sad sad Hi I had the coil fitted in January due to extremely bad PMS I was at mt wits end had tried the copper coil NIGHTMARE! and have been on almost every pill going so this was my last resort. At first the coil was brill, spotted for the first 3 months but nothing compared to my regular period. The last 3 months have been great hardly any PMT but some bad stomach cramps when my cycle was due. However recently noticed the old PMS symptoms rearing it's ugly head and over the last couple of months have gained loads of weight, feel constantly bloated and have really sore breasts. also lots of spots. Will all these symptoms persist? seems strange it takes 7 months to show these horrible side effects. Thinking of having the coil taken out and going back to the dreaded PMS every month. Any advice much appreciated.

• Posted

Hey guys

I had a coil fitted nearly 4 years ago, due to be replaced in April next year and over the last month or so have experienced the old sypmtoms returning ie the sore breast and weight gain etc.. Doc put me on Orlistat for the weight which is working well but it doesnt solve the sore breast problem. Some weeks I can bear anything on them which is a bit of a sore point especially as they are large!! :twisted:

I'm back at the docs next week to see what happens and any advise she can give so will let you know.

Glad to know I'm not alone on this 8)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.