I am on venlafaxine and this is my 2nd week

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am feeling so low and sick ... I dread waking up to that horrible feeling in my stomach like the world is about to end ... is anyone else on this medication and when will it work

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. You are probably on low, start-up dose? You will start feeling better a few weeks into solid dose (at least 75mg). The improvement is very gradualĀ  but should be steady. What condition was this prescribed for, have you taken other medication in the past and are you currently also taking other medication?
    • Posted

I was on citalopram and have been on sertraline but they didn't work so now I'm on 75mg venlafaxine which is for depression and anxiety I also take propranalol for panic I am really struggling at the moment and wanted to know how long before there is any improvement. . Thank you for replying.

• Posted

Deborah all antidepressant medication takes 4-6 weeks to be working at full strength. Bear with it you should begin feeling better within the next few days.

Also dosage may be adjusted by doctor if that is needed.

This medication is very good BUT can have some interesting side effects.

It is important that you take this medication at the same time everyday, with or without food is not vital. Take with cold water. All medication should be taken with cold water. The capsule is designed to melt in stomach but the medication inside may be set to dissolve in intestines. Even tablets are set to dissolve in certain areas of the gastro tract.

• Posted

I've been on 37.5mg for 3 wks 3 days. Stopped Celexa 20mg an went rt onto Venaflaxine next day. My issue is insomnia an hurting all over most of time. Body pain in different places. Not layin in bed all time though a little more motivated. Before very non motivation an obtrusive thoughts an crying alot an very down on Celexa. Ill prob go up here soon on mg. Are you taking in morning? An dk you have a anti-anxiety med? I have Klonapine 0.5mg. Had it since 2014. Take it off an on when needed.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply.... I was on citalopram for anxiety and depression and I have changed to 75mg venlafaxine every morning also I take propranalol for panic attacks. I don't feel any better but only been taking it for two weeks I just wondered how long it will take to feel any benefit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.