I am out of clues

Posted , 7 users are following.

So I am 36. One ovary removed at 27. Thyroid removed at 28. I have no idea when my body broke completely. I don't know what causes what. I feel so broken. My body has crazy symptoms, very unspesific. Random pains and aches, IBS here and there, brain fog, lately bad vision and eye problems. I have no idea what to do. Am I in peri? Is it all from being on levo for so many years? No doctor really understands as I sound crazy. My anxiety is bad too. How do I know what on earth is happening to me? I will be seeing an optometrist to address my eye problems. Can these eye problems be from birth control pills? I have been taking it for 7-8 months. sad i wish I could fix ot all. I suspected peri but no doctor wants to check they just gave me birth control.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Read the medical medium. You might find your answers in that book.

• Posted

Hello.

I am 50 and I have been in perimenopause for years. My symptoms have gotten really bad in the last few months. Anxiety, panic attacks, depression feelings of doom and gloom, racing thoughts, crying, anger, irritation, agitation, insomnia, night sweats, acne, constipation... So many other symptoms too.

I have Fibromyalgia and Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy in my right foot and leg. Reflex sympathetic Dystrophy is a very painful Nerve disorder.

I am also recovering from Serotonin Toxicity. My Dr out me on Prednisone because I had sudden hearing loss and he thought there was inflammation in my ear and Prednisone would reduce the inflammation. Well, the prednisone caused all sorts of bad problems and combing prednisone with all my meds caused too much serotonin in my body and about killed me.

My husband has hypothyroidism. He thinks I may have a thyroid problem too because many of my symptoms are those of a thyroid problem. Dry skin, insomnia, joint pain, constipation, anxiety etc....

But they are also symptoms of menopause.

I can not afford all the tests it would take to figure out if it is hormonal or thyroid in nature. We don't have insurance. Can't afford it.

Levo is inexpensive, my husband takes that. I don't know how expensive HRT is. And a have never had good luck with generic drugs.

I too question what is causing what symptoms.

I know that I am menopausal. But what is causing what symptoms?

Argh!!!!! It is frustrating!!!!!

I am doing acupuncture twice a week now. It is helping but I think I am going to have to try Bioidentical HRT or HRT it birth control pills.

Hope this helps in some way.

Take care. You are not alone.

• Posted

Hello ..i used to suffer with fibromyalgia years ago until I discovered this powerful from this company called "sunrider". It for rid of it completely. I eat the food now and it helps so much with my peri symptons. The food feed your cells to regenerate healthy cells. It nourishes, balance and cleanses. When suffering with any kind of illness or symptons all it means that the body is imbalance. I have noticed a huge difference when I stop eating it. I have to get back on it.

The only thing it is a bit costly, but I see that I have to stay on it ..i have no choice.

You may want to check it out, I mean it's much cheaper than doctors bills, and it's only food.

• Posted

So sorry to hear all your symptoms. It sounds like you are going through peri. DRS are so keen to give either anti deprassant or hormons. So sad that there isn't enough research into women's well-being. Good luck with the peri

• Posted

I have IBS too. Constipation, loose stools and sometimes normal. Sorry to be so descriptive. My eyesight has changed, my sense if taste and smell, hearing loss, ringing in the ears, hearing sensitivities, brain fog. Oh so many weird and uncomfortable symptoms.
    • Posted

I know what you are talking about! I feel like giving all of you a big hug.

I also have changed taste. Ringing in ears also. My eyes .... feel so weird. Almost every morning my belly is in painsad all messed up. My arms are numb every morning. Pf... I miss my old me.

• Posted

Hello..lol u know it's not funny but this peri stuff makes you feel like I am losing it. This morning I was in church and I heard this ringing in my ears so I leaned over and asked my daughter, " do you hear that"? She goes "hear what"?

I said the ringing. She says "no" .

Then I realized it was peri ringing. Lol

I pray this ends real soon...for all of us.

• Posted

This is just how I dealt with things after being in Peri for at least 12 months but probably longer when I look back now. I found a doctor who specializes in bio identical hormones. If they are good they will do thorough blood work not just hormone texting and they are very good at reading blood work. A lot of doctors just don't understand what to look for. The doctor treating me with BHRT uses my symptoms plus blood work to work out what and how much of each hormone to give me. He also has only done hormones for over 20 years now so his level of understanding of what women go through is astounding. You may have to do some searching but theses doctors do exist and if they can help you they will give you your life back. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.