I am paranoid regarding unprotected fellatio - any advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

Having received unprotected fellatio from a sexually promiscuous lady on the 18th Dec 2014. I am paranoid that I may have caught a bacterial infection due to the fact she regularly has unprotected vagina and oral sex with strangers. After the oral act I got back together with my girlfriend (oral act during brake up). I know I am clean because I had a full STD/HIV screen prior to the oral act. I do understand that I am regarded low risk IAW NHS guidelines. However it has been 12 days since the oral act, I have no noticeable sores/blisters or growths on my genital area, no penile discharge, no rash or pain during urination. I conducted a rapid urine test on day 11 using 3 dipsticks to ensure reliable results. The tests were for Leukocytes, Nitrite, Urobillinogen, Protein, Blood, S.G, Ketones, Bilirubin, Glucose. The test results were all negative and inside the reference zones. My pH value was 6.5 within the normal range. As laid down in the instructions, a pH value over 7, leukocytes and nitrate could indicate a bacterial infection. My urine is not indicating a bacterial infection (no WBCs/Nitrates). 

Online STD experts state "Unprotected fellatio can result basically in 3 STDs in men:  Herpes due to HSV-1, if the oral partner has an active case of oral herpes; gonorrhea, which is uncommon but certainly happens; nongonococcal urethritis (NGU), which sometimes may be due not to an STD but to entirely normal oral bacteria.  Of these, NGU is probably the most common; herpes and gonorrhea are rare.  Chlamydia, HSV-2, and HPV are rarely if ever transmitted by oral sex.  And syphilis is so rare anyway that it's not a serious consideration.HIV is zero risk"

Summary 

* Prior to oral sex, tested negative for STDs/HIV 

* 1 x unprotected fellatio with a promiscuous lady 12 days ago 

* Asymptomatic showing no signs or evidence of STDs 

* Gential area looks normal

* Correct negative (reference) urine result day 11(urinalysis test strip) - Online it states that this sort of test is positive in about half to 2/3 or men with urethral STDs  

Should I be worrying over nothing?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would guess that as you have been tested extensively there is nothing to worry about!

There are two people involved in this and the woman needs to have an infection [obviously] if she is to infect you.  Most if not all women who have signs of infection would go for treatment.

• Posted

The urine test was non-specific. Ive self tested myself based on information found on the Internet. 

Should I get tested using STD specific test even though I am not showing signs of STD?

My conclusion is that I am not showing signs of sexual infection so I am probably okay and not seek testing.

• Posted

I think your conclusion is 100% correct.  You show no signs of STI so you probably have not got one!

I do feel that there is too many "scare stories" these days.  A particular bugbear of mine is AIDS/HIV.  Accounding to the Guardian there are 130000 people in UK living with it. The high risk group is Gay/Bisexual men [some 50%] together with Hemophiliacs [previously infected with blood products], needle sharing drug users and those people of both genders from sub-Saharan Africa. The "rest" with whom we might come into contact are a very small minority ...

• Posted

Another statement by a online doctor, Edward W Hook, MD.

"Receipt of oral sex is an inefficient way to acquire STIs.  Even among persons with many sex partners, oral infections are uncommon and for a number of biological factors too complex to go into here, the efficiency of transmission of infections through oral sex is lower than for penetrative genital-vaginal or –anal sex.  Of the bacterial STDs only gonorrhea and nongonococcal urethritis (NGU) are transmitted through oral sex; for all practical purposes, chlamydia is not and without an obvious sore or lesion on your partner’s mouth, the chances of syphilis and herpes is likewise tiny.  If you had gotten gonorrhea or NGU you would have most likely developed symptomsof urethritis (penile infection) such as burring on urination or a penile discharge by now.  Even if your partner had an STD (any STD and it is likely she did not), most exposures do not lead to infection.  In your case, I would urge you not to worry. If you wish, you could go to your local STD clinic or health care provider to be tested at this time for gonorrhea and NGU.  I anticipate the if you do, the tests will be negative and personally, I would not even seek testing."

• Posted

I remember seeing a hooker once and having her perform an unprotected fellatio on me. I suddenly stressed and was afraid like I had never been before. I started reading stuff online and was so scared of having contracted an STI and I started having the symptoms of STIs. I started seeing dots on my penis, having my skin and penis becoming itchy. This was even more scary knowing that I was with my GF at that time and could not have any sexual relationship with her knowing I had potentially contracted something.

At the end, I just took the official statistics of each STI/STD for the population and computed some basic probabilities and realised the prob of contracting any of them is really, really, really, really low.

I was so scared of having herpes, gonorrhea, herpes or chlamydia. I went to the hospital to test my blood and the results came that I just had nothing. The symptoms disappeared immediately afterwards. So please, just don’t believe the internet, don’t be scared. The probability of actually contracting something is really low.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.