I am petrified of taking meds, anyone else similar?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have GAD, and so far, had 2 major episodes that lasted 3 months for the first one and 2 months for the second one. But now going through another episode, where I should feel more able to deal with it, but I just cannot seem to get over the way it makes me feel in my mind; that I am falling apart, all my senses fully heightened and nothing to be excited about. However, one thing I cannot do is look to take medication – I get anxious just thinking about it and I am so scarred of the possible side effects and how it will make me feel and would I ever come off them. Are there other who feel the same and able to manage anxiety without meds? It feels endless in the moment and the sleep deprivation turns in to a vicious circle.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi,i also have this issue because im worried about being allergic to medication ,I've been like it for years now ,really doesn't make life easy at all

• Posted

Hi Sharon, thank you for the reply, I understand - I worry about the side effects as well and I also see posts from others saying things get worse with some meds and that triggers my anxiety. I remember taking just melatonin to help my sleep and I was so anxious taking it - I had a panic attack after I took it so no benefit at all and I am now to frightened to take it again!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.