I am pooping more than I am eating

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am pooping formed stool but the amount is large as if I am pooping more than what I am eating. I am having this symptoms for the past one month. I have seen doctor and sometimes, it just goes away and I feel fine but sometimes, it again comes back. I have done upper abdomen USG and it is normal. I am feeling no pain, no blood in stool nothing. The smell of poop is somewhat acid like. The doc says it will get cured but then why it is taking so long. And I am having some problem with gas formation. Any idea what is happening with me?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

It happens to

Me as well. Sometimes it's fine and some days it's more frequent. And gassy. But it goes away and I feel that this is a chronic condition and you just follow FODMAP diet

That's all you can do! Patience is vertue.

• Posted

thanks a lot for the answer. Can you please explain in simple words what is - FODMAP diet?
  • Posted

Did your doctor mention IBS or diagnose you with it?
    • Posted

no he did not say anything about that. He said you will be fine. Does IBS lead to formed stool and gassy feeling
    • Posted

No, IBS can cause loose, urgent stools or diarrhoea (unformed) watery, mushy stools.  Stools can be misshapen or changed in colour. You can also get constipation or a mixture of both.  You can however be very gassy with IBS either from the mouth or bowel.  Try to avoid gassy foods lilke broccoli, cabbage and brussels sprouts and fizzy drinks. 

Try a food diary to see if any foods are triggering symptoms.  IBS symptoms tend to come and go.  Stomach pain is a major symptom along with change of bowel habit.  It doesn't sound as if your doctor has helped you much.  Go back to the doctor and describe your symptoms again and say they keep coming back. If you still can't get diagnosed, see someone else,  Saying you will be fine is not a diagnosis.

I went to the doctor eight times over three and a half months and saw someone different each time.  Only one was able to help me and diagnosed IBS.

• Posted

I have none of these symptoms as you have described above. Only gas formation and BM but solid poop. I have visited three different docs and all of them are saying it will be okay but the thing for the past one month I am not feeling fine at all
    • Posted

If stool is your only problem I would follow diet. Just take food which are easy digestion for stomach. Avoid nuts potato cereals in your plate. Drink 2 cup of boiled cummins water every 30min after breakfast and lunch for 2 hours. Do not bother for over urination.

You should be fine in 4 days if you follow.

• Posted

When you say you have a solid stool, do you mean that that it is very hard and difficult to pass like constipation?  If you are constipated eat more fruit and vegetables to make sure you are getting enough fibre or try a stool softener.
    • Posted

No the stool is perfectly fine but the amount is very large. and I am feeling gassy all the time. I am not constipated. I am now taking Normaxin 10 Mg and Ciplox TZ 500 Mg and now I am feeling a lot better
    • Posted

Ciplox TZ 500 Mg for bacterial infection and Normaxin 10 Mg for calming the nerves and relaxing the muscles
  • Posted

I grade my movements, 1-10, and some special grades, as below:

- 10/20, when I do a 10 (3 flusher), think I’m done, but not happening, followed by another 3 flusher, MUST be same sitting session.

- 10/4 when you are fully expecting a 10, but disappointed with a 4, 1-2 medium sized turds, 1 flusher.

my goal is at least 3-4 “10s” a week, I’ve gone 6 to 7 days with solid 10s, then days where I’ve had 1-2s for a week, and just miserable bloating.  My problem is caused by pain medication, which I try to use minimally, but the smallest dose just shuts down your colon.  MiraLAX helps, as does a lot of water intake.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.