I am really scared and getting depress about my acid reflux, please, can someone help me?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, this might quite be long but please, I need someones help about acid reflux. I am currently 18 years old. I started drinking coffee or tea everyday at school for half a year and stopped. Nothing really happens at first then in march, I started drinking alcohol and a week later my stomach started to hurt. I went to a doctor and he said its probably just a normal stomach ache and gave me some medicine. It didn't really help.

A month later, I drank some alcohol at a party and soon three or four days later my stomach has gotten a lot worst. I had diarrhea for one and a half day and couldn't even get out of bed. I had to stay in bed for two whole days without eating (i felt like throwing up) so i went to another hospital. This time they told me I had acid re flux or too much acid in my stomach. They gave me medicine and it helped for a month. But sometimes I would still get stomach ache but didn't really mind. Until this month (June) it had gotten a lot worse, I had chest pains, coughing, irregular bowel movement (sometime diarrhea sometime normal) and shortness of breath. 

In my country, we don't have endoscopy(??) (because the technology in our country is not advance) so I would have to go to other country like Thailand in order to actually know what is happening to my stomach or going on in my stomach. 

I know that these symptoms come back every time I vape or drink alcohol so i stop everything. I try natural remedies and try to avoid food that are acidic (i only eat fruits now). I am even too scare to eat. My depression is really bad that I don't even go out of my room or communicate anymore. I just lock myself in my room and think about acid re flux or cancer or how I'm going to die soon.

Can someone please please help me. I am really desperate for an answer or solution.

Please anything at all. Sorry for this long post of grammatical or spelling mistakes as I am writing this post with bad anxiety.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi May may

Sorry to hear of your suffering, you mentioned that you do not have access to Endoscopy but can you get PPi's from your Dr? as these will help to settle things down. It seems that you are someone who should not drink alcohol or smoke/vape as both will make symptoms worse. Also some fruit will not agree with you so check out on google which are safe to eat for Acid Reflux / Gerd. Try to eat a bland diet for a while and most importantly stop worrying as this is very bad for Acid.

All the best

Robin

• Posted

Hi may may

Unfortunately a lot of us have been through this and as we all know it's extremely uncomfortable. I would firstly say don't stay locked in your room as this can't be good for your mental health. Secondly I would ask your doctor for a higher dose of medication eg. 30mg lansoprazole does the job for me. I too have had enough of this illness which has been affecting me for 10 years and now am going for a operation on Thursday. Any questions please feel free to ask. Also, this will just be anxiety I suffer terribly from this also. Alot of people are in the same situation so don't get too down. Also don't just eat fruit as this isn't a well balanced diet. Bland foods will be okay. Take gaviscon to also help.

• Posted

Sorry for your pain ., I know how you feel ., I have exactly the same ., I don’t drink much , only 1-2 glasses of wine in a special occasion.

I have acid reflux , mild gastritis for 7 years once I started with anxiety for medical issues .  It is hard to get rid off this but now you need to avoid certain fruit and processed food , no spicy food or too greasy ., my dr stopped me fruit and dairy products ., I hope you feel better and enjoy life without overdoing it .

I know you are young but better start earlier if you want live longer.

• Posted

I so sorry for you. I've got this thing for almost two year and understand how you feel. Try PPI it really helps. And find a good doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.