I am really worried and scared

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, this is the first time I'very ever joined a forum...I am 24years old and I have 2 kids. I started feeling palpitations when I was 16. They stopped as quickly as they came I had ECGS done and nothing was ever found. Fast word to a month ago and I started to feel unwell, tremors and palpitations, I was rushed to the a&e and then I had echoscan, ECGS. ...and then they said I have harmless arrhythmia..I have high bp as well from my 1st pregnancy. Now for the past 2 days I have been feeling off with palpitations again..countless trips to the a&e and everything is fine. My Cardiologist says not to worry but I know I have developed anxiety. I feel sad most of the time and my husband is also sad because of my health . Please help me how do I cope...how do you all cope because it's affecting the quality of my life. Thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

Glad you found Emily's discussion, it's been a source of reassurance that you and everyone else whose contributed their experiences, are not alone with these terrible palpitations.

Having your heart checked with ecgs, scans etc is for me 50% reassuring but the other 50% is the difficult part, and that's the having to live with it which is a combination of good days and extremely challenging ones.

If you haven't read all the posts, have a read through them - some of us have ways of coping, i.e. magnesium, medication (or not), eating small meals, resting, deep breathing - try and find something to distract yourself when you get them and try not to let it take over.

Take Care

• Posted

Hi, I really appreciate your response, knowing that I'm not alone and there are better days comforts me now..thanks again and I sure will read up.. cheers
    • Posted

No worries, just keep pushing through, you're young and have children and you want to enjoy as much out of life as you can and not let these things affect that even if you're having a not so good day.

I've had this since I was 12yr old and I'm 43 now - not easy but still trying.

• Posted

Wow! I'm inspired to be

stronger and deal with this...hopefully we would all get better.

Pls do the magnesium tablets work even if I'm not deficient in magnesium

• Posted

I tried magnesium and couldn't tolerate one side effect which was an upset tummy. Also I'd check with a doctor first before taking a supplement - they may want to check you first to see if you are deficient in anything prior. However a few folks on here take them and found they help.
  • Posted

dear ayuva

sorry to hear you are suffering this wretched condition. there doesnt appear to be any great concern for any of us from the medical profession with comments ive had like 'its still beating'. i think we all have slight variations on a theme with different cause, symptms, and ways of coping. i hope you can find your best way and dont let it hold you back from doing anything you want to do.

stay strong for your children they are everything

good luck

gap

• Posted

I do not have arrythmia, but have recently been advised that I ha a coditod Right Bundle Branch Block, which is an interruption in the electrical impulses within the heart.  It is not uncommon and even athletes have the condition.

​What I am trying to say, is that there are all sorts of "abnormalities," and some are more troublesome than others.  I expereinced y first palpitation at the age of 10 years.  I was very frightened by it.  Later in life, I realised that this was just a symptom of over excitement after returning home from a school trip of two weeks.  Some of us do tend to be very reactive to stimulus, and this can cause the blood pressure and pusle to race, and also give rise to palpitations. 

Arrythmias can be managed.  I have found that if I can find a quiet few miutes and a relaxation tape, it can help enormously, as can yoga. 

​Try some "yogic" breathing exercises - on your back, hand lightly on your stomach, breathe in deeply, and allow your diaphragm to expand, hold for a count of ten, and then gently exhale through your mouth, and relax.  Do this three times, count slowly down to ten, relaxing more deeply as you count down.  Visualise a calm and tranquil setting that you enter through a door, and put anything in it that you wish.  Mine is a walled garden with a cottage, lawn, flowers, butterflies, bumble bees, and a big lake with a big oak tree at the edge of the lake, and a very comfortable chair that I sit in and listen to the sound of the waves against the shore and the aroma of flowers, and bees humming, children laughing in the background, etc.....  When you are ready to come back, go back to the door and open it.  I use a flight of 10 old, stone steps to count my way back from 10 to 1, waking up feeling great and refreshed, and most of all calm.  Use your imagination when you are in your garden and keep it all beautiful and positive. 

​Hope this is of some help,

Susie 

• Posted

I actually also have a RBBB which I obtained from my first heart attack. I have CAD, which caused my 2 MI's,I now sport 4 stents for the radiologists viewing pleasure and MVD, plus 3 arrhythmia's and am still kicking. The arrhythmia's are the most miserable these days. A series of ablations is in my near future.  My arrhythmia started in my early 20's and I am now 72,  Today they know so much more than even a decade ago. Relax, take your meds if any and put all in Gods hands if you believe. I do take magnesium and ubiquitol to help my ticker a bit, need it or not, lol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.