I am scared!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm scared of the world, walking on it because it feels weird. Is it normal for DP/DR? I want to live normal life.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Does dp/dr can be cured by medicine?
  • Posted

Absolutely normal. I've been through it all and only started to feel normal again from it. You will get there! I have felt soo many weird sensations and thoughts from it where I didn't recognise my parents, they looked completely alien to me. Everything around me was so rich and overwhelming that my mind was too frazzled to take it all in. But it does get better, but it's all about diversion and distraction!

• Posted

Thanks A lot. When I go outside I feel like crazy. Everything looks so strange, like I am in a completely different world. Now I am even scared to go out.
    • Posted

No I didn't. Initially I took fluxotene, an anti depressant which didn't help in any way.

Unfortunately medication won't cure this. Anxiety is a behavioural habit, so medication won't work. It's like taking medication to stop learning to drive, they're all habits.

Medication can short term aid anxiety such as diazapem but are easily depended on and will only cover up the anxiety instead of curing it, if that makes sense?

• Posted

I've felt like this so many times. The lighting is too bright, everything looks so odd and alien. I've stared at objects and focused so much, they start to move, it's all anxiety. When you worry about something, it gets distorted if you think about it, such as our reality.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.