I am scared it will happen all over again and I don't know if I can take it.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Around 2 years ago (March 2015 I was 19 back then) i had been through a rough patch of giref accompanied depression. That had been a tough year on it's own major life changes etc and three people in my life died within a few months so I was just plain scared I had panic attacks I was afraid of every thing I mortified that I was going to die but what had me terrified were all the morbid thoughts I had revolving around death my own or the people close to me. I was scared to live... I wasn't eating I couldn't sleep well It was like someone took over my brain. Now three months ago March 2017 my grandma died she was sick so I had made my peace with it I had my friends there for me and I was doing fine... last month a close family friend died but she was sick as well so again I didn't really get to me I was sad but I was okay ... now Saturday my uncle ( not blood related my aunt's husband died suddenly that's tha same aunt that her mother died) I am terribly sad about it and i honestly can't stop thinking what if it happened to me ( I bring myself i my aunt's or my cousin's or even my uncle's position ). And I am terrified all over again I can feel the morbid thoughts circling me. My friends - since Uni is over- are home we still talk but i don't want to scar them with my thoughts ... my parents were with me all the way when grief/depression knocked me down the first time and it affected them as well so I can't tell them this time ... they obviously can see that I am not okay but I can't just phrase those thoughts ... I don't know if this is TMI but I am PMSing so my serotonin levels have dropped. The doctor two years ago had prescribed me emforal for the panic attacks he thought I was too young for anti-depressants. I just can't... I feel like I am drowning I want to pause life I just I don't know I need to speak to someone but my old doctor moved and I can't trust a new one now ... please someone just help me ( English is not my first language so I am sorry for any grammar errors)

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You definitely need to see a counsellor for your own peace of mind. You cant go on like this. A trained professional will understand your feelings and help you to deal with it.
    • Posted

I had went for a consult to the therapist that my old doctor recommended when she left but I didn't like her ... i felt like she was just too busy and she couldn't care less about my problems I don't know maybe it was because she was new I am too picky ... I just need to talk to someone until I find a good therapist ... I considered going to my uni's councelling department but I can't afford the drive back to Uni now that the year ended ... I know of this forum of a friend of mine she had major anxiety attacks and she said that talking it out sometimes with people that had the same problem was making things easier ... i do have to go to a therapist but that's a long process and I need someone to talk to someone who doesn't know me and someone who knows what I am going through.

• Posted

Hi, I can relate to a lot of what you are saying here.

I have had friends, ex family members and my father pass away.

I also suffer with chronic anxiety and depression.(6years)

Re the death part I have come to accept that death is as natural a part of life as birth, we all came from stardust and to stardust we will return.

I would recomend you make the next available appointment with your gp and ask for a therapist which is what i have done.

You are stronger than you think.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.