I am scared that I have serious problem with my pancreas...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everybody,

First af all, sorry for my bad language I live in Hungary, I am a 42 year old male.

I have strange abdominal symptoms for a half year. Maybe somebody can give advice or has similar experience.

Long story short: my problem began in the middle of march of this year, with a small, annoying feeling under my left rib cage. I noticed that my appetite gone, but it is an interresting thing, because I can eat a lot, but only with my mind”. I hope it is understandable, my hunger comes from my mouth, when I think about any food what I like, not from my stomach.

After few weeks it begun a crazy bloating, fullness feeling, almost every day, but not in the night. My stool was yellowish, sometimes light brown, rarely pale. I had dull back pain, mainly around my spine, and under my left shoulder blade.

Now, after six months all the symptoms are still there and nearly permanent, and makes my life crazy. The bloating is crazy, my back pain is worse, I do not feel hunger, my stool still yellowish. If i eat something I feel crazy fullness during hours after the meal. I have a feeling that something push out the upper area of my stomach..

I don’t lose my weight, don’t have nausea or vomiting. Overall physical condition is quite good, no fatigue.

The doctors did lot of tests: 3x blood panel (with liver and pancreas panel), 3x abdomen ultrasound (but the last two times they did not see the pancreas because of the gas), abdomen xray, colonoscopy, stool tests.

Everything was fine, and all of the doctors told me, that this can be a gastritis or IBS, maybe these symptoms are only in my mind and related with anxiety, but I don’t think about that...

I am very scared of pancreatic problem.. Or can it be IBS or something else? I am googled a lot and all of my symtomps piont to the pancreatic cancer...

Thank you for your answers and advices!

George

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you had your  amalays and Lipase level check. If you have anything going on in your  pancreas. These levels will be elavated.
    • Posted

Yes, my enzimes were checked 3 times in a last 6 months and were fine, no elevation... and also the liver parameters were normal..
  • Posted

Hi there,

I have very similar symptoms apart from feeling bloated. Only when I eat something I can feel a fullness at the back, just under my ribs but mainly on the right side. I had already 2x MRI, CT scan, 2x ultrasounds and MRCP- all clear. I had blood test and have only lipase slightly elevated. GI doctor thinks it's also IBS or gastritis and I'm going mad, as the symptoms last for around 10 months now.

Interestingly, when I wake up I feel ok, but symptoms start increase during a day and in the evening I feel worst. No night pain though...

Is that similar with you George TH?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.