I am sliding and I don't know how to stop...

Posted , 2 users are following.

this hasn't got any to do with the coronavirus, i am slipping again and now i don't know what to do because you can't get hold of a doctor for love nor money. i don't know how to stop feeling like this and don't know what too depressed looks like. i just feel so sad. can anyone help?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

not sure where your located . your not alone. many areas have reported a rise in depression at this time and still offer hot lines for callers to talk to.

• Edited

hi hope4cure, i have just been handed a life line yesterday afternoon by someone who works for a mental health charity. it couldn't have come at a better time, i must have asked god the correct question as i prayed for support. it's not this virus that is making me so sad it's being ill, i have a stomach bug and sinus infection on top! i feel really off colour! hopefully they'll find a cure for this thing but i can't imagine it happening quickly!

• Edited

sorry doesn't explain why i am on here, i have had depression for lots of years, sometimes ill health gets to me s lot and not having support with the amount i have to put up with is not surprising. i also have additional stresses at the moment on top of PTSD. i just need support in general and am grateful these people are going to help me.

• Edited

very good to know you are getting what you need to get you thru this time. sometimes we all need a lil love and support to get thru difficult times. sending healing blessings your way. take care.

• Edited

thank you so much for replying, i hope this works something has to.

• Edited

hi Sam, it takes time to adjust . sometimes music, crafts, or anything you like to do or reading a good story. animals are very good with helping with stress and depression. so many things can help with moving foreword. exercise just a walk is calming. we all get in a funk and get stuck. take it one day at a time and be kind to yourself. what are some of the things you like to do to keep busy?

hugs, Hope

• Edited

hi hope, i normally walk everyday, have a keyboard as i used to be grade 5 piano and play often, i have 2 cats who i am busy with and if i ever get a chance to go back to the part,-time job i've got i will enjoy this on top too. at the moment i am stuck at home feeling grim with a bug and no not the coronavirus! i will get there i am determined to.

• Edited

Sam you have a variety of things to do, your so lucky . it sounds like your a talented piano player. i wonder if your a classic or contemporary musician or both? its amazing how much better just a few things we have in life which bring peace and happiness and great coping skills . love kitties so comforting.

i hope your feeling better soon as this corona can bring on stress, and in many cases by helping our neighbours safely has been helpful for so many. i am grateful for the many things that keep us safe thru a difficult and challenging time ahead for so many everywhere.

stay safe and hugs to the kitties.

• Posted

hi one, i am grateful that there are things i can do, sometimes there are not enough hours in the day i find! my little cat is my saviour, without him i wouldn't cope at all, because alongside anxiety and depression i also have PTSD, which can drag your mood down completely. hope you're ok?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.