I am so confused by my test results.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I guess I am really confused on my test results. I have been celibate for about 2 years and have never once had a noticeable outbreak. I had unprotected sex on May 4th and 2 days later got a discharge that changed 3 times, 2 sores and flu like symptoms. For about 2 weeks I was so fatigued, irritable, night sweats and even broke out in a rash on my arm (not sure if that even relates to this). I decided to go to the doctor on May 23rd which was 19 days after possible exposure. My results came back positive for IGG with a value of 13 and also positive for IGM with a value of 1.1. I have read that those IGM tests are not the most accurate in because they are not type specific and with the herpes virus they can show up with recurring outbreaks. I also am not sure if 19 days is enough time for IGG antibodies to show up. I am not sure if I was carrying this and just had my first outbreak or if I was recently exposed. Does anyone have any feedback?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

That you carry the virus with no symptoms but still can pass it.
    • Posted

Or also some peope develop unnoticed very mild outbreaks so they never know they have it till they have severe outbreak or do blood test
    • Posted

I had my unprotected encounter with someone who has hsv2, his igg test came back in the  low 20’s could it mean he has had it for some time
    • Posted

According to my humble knowledge. It may be due to long time or not. Also it may be due to he is using suppressive meds for long time. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.