I am so confused rn, please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

So about 3 weeks ago, A itchy hive appeared on my left hand. I thought it was just a normal mosquito bite but after few days it kept getting itchy,dark and big. I still didn't bother much but then all of sudden alot of dark itchy bumps started to appear all over my both arms and after 2 days it spread all over my stomach,back,upper legs and now around my neck. I went to doctor and he gave me antifungal and antibiotic tablets. I am taking them from past 3 days but there is no improvement. All these bumps have became dark and more itchy. I also started to have smelly belly button along with white liquid coming out from it at times. I use to think that I have some fungal infection but now after i got to know abouy PR online, i feel like i have PR. i don't know if this is a fungal or ringworm or PR mother bump & should I continue my antibiotic and anti fungal medicines or stop them and start PR treatment?

imageimageimage

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had no flu or fever etc before this. I am just suffering from depression and past couple of weeks had been very stressful for me since i am planning about my new job. Not sure if this caused me PR?

• Posted

First off, go back to doc and and ask h im about PR or get a second opinion.

I thought mine was ringworm, but I went to doc and right away he said it was PR.

To me that does look like PR which antifungal cream or antibiotics wont do anything for it. My doc gave me a steroid cream for itching but I didnt have as many as you and not too itchy. .. now if it is PR it will go away on its own eventually, I had mine around 3 weeks until it started looking better and it still isnt gone but better. The belly button thing does sound maybe like a fungus thing not sure. Try keeping it dry as possible. .. I did alot of research on PR and alot of people said that washing in head and shoulders on their bodies made the PR dry up and flake off pretty quickly, so if yours is very bad, you might try that.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, I'll try head & shoulder.

• Posted

oh and continue your antibiotics just in case.

• Edited

Let's start at the beginning: Doctors have no clue of what causes PR, but THINK it MAY be related to a virus that many/most people have (they are tending towards chicken pox, a herpes virus that also causes shingles, so if you have had chicken pox, or the vaccine, you have the virus in you). Then you need a stressor. That can be physical or mental trauma: death in the family, relationship break up, new job, exams, etc; or dental procedure, accident, physical trauma, pregnancy, new drug, etc.

Now, doctors: YOU PAY THEM!!!!!!! Demand a biopsy. When I go to a doctor, I do not want to pay for an opinion, do you? A scrape biopsy will tell you, definitely, whether you have hives, ringworm, or a viral rash, and WHICH viral rash you have. Why on earth should YOU suffer (the doctor is not) while you are "waiting to see" if this helps or that helps???????

• Posted

I cant beleive what one girl said her doc told her it was ringworm but after researching she found out about PR and told him she thought it was PR, and he had never heard of it!

• Posted

i went thru the same thing last year. it looks like PR and when i went to the doc they gave me antifungal and antibiotocs which did absolutely nothing. i ended up going to a dermatologist who diagnosed it and gave me a steroid shot and pills to take everyday. i opted out of light therapy. i was told uv rays or sun will combact the patches. for the itching take oatmeal baths and i used aveeno anti itch lotion to stay moisturized. for the summer i stopped my pills and was fine but now that its winter im having another flare up. dont wait to long to get a 2nd opinion because the itching will streas you even more which will cause it the spread.

• Posted

If you had it last year, and you have it again, it may be PR, but probably is not. Get a biopsy!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.