I am so depressed due to my meniere

Posted , 7 users are following.

The last 10 years or so i have been suffering from meniere.

The last 3 years have been the worst. I can handle (lets say 50%) the dizziness, nausea, imbalance. What i can not handle is the hearing loss. It started with only one ear 90% loss. Now is affected the other one. Even the hearing aid does not help. I feel like i am losing the earth below my feed. And nobody understands. They laugh at me because i can not hear them when they call me.

😢 i just want to curl and die or sleep all the time

i do not know what to do.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Marioscy,

Know that you are not alone in feeling like this. That might not make you feel much better, but I believe it comes with the territory. I can tell when a Meniere's session is coming on before the "physical" symptoms appear. I begin to feel "sluggish" and depressed. Then the physical side hits. Unfortunately, there just isn't enough research to prove that what we are feeling is legit. Hang in there. I know it's tough.

• Posted

thanks Coachbetz. I wish something existed to help people like us.

• Posted

what treatment/meds are you under? What procedures have you had to control MD symptoms? There are ways to improve hearing and ways to manage vertigo, tinnitus and unbalance. Let us know what you have tried and the meds you are on and we can make some suggestions.

• Posted

Hang in there and just know that you are not alone. I also had drop attacks all the time, but luckily I only have one ear affected. I have not had an attack at all in 4 months, since I have changed my diet on my own. I no longer drink cows milk, eat salt or let myself get dehydrated. I also take Betahistine , potassium suppplements, a water pill, and calcium supplements. Sorry to hear that you have lost your hearing.

• Posted

HI. I'm familiar with your regiment except cows milk. Can you offer an additional comment on cows milk affect?

• Posted

I was told that dairy products cause inflammation in the body, there is no connection, it just worked for me. I think different things trigger attacks in different people. It may not work for everyone, it just seems to work for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.