I am so frustrated

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am so sick and tired of being single and having this disease. I have tried those worthless dating sites time and time again. No responses or anything... I have so many things going against me that it's not shocking to me when this happens.

I fume inside when I see people out in public and they're happy together because I know for a fact that I won't ever experience any of this! I bet it's nice!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

have hope. you must have hope,,,,,,I turned to God and HE got me thru it.

• Posted

It's hard to have much hope in stuff changing, though! I've lost any and all motivation and happiness at this point

• Posted

i agree ive had hs in my groin n genital area for three years now ,its awful the scarring is so bad and looks horrible how will anyone want me like this let alone have the courage to go out with someone knowing how it looks down there , my sex life is zero and i have no confidence in dating.

its so depressing , my dermatologist just gives me dapsone n says theres not much they can do , but she recently reffered me to have IV ERTAPENAM it was amazing but they can only give that for six weeks , so back to the same old dapsone.

i just want my life back!!

this site is good tho and people are so supportive but like you i feel like there is no end to it , sorry

• Posted

I started crying when I read your post. Because I can feel your pain. I suffer with this disease and it has been one of the HARDEST things in life I have had to deal with. I have done soo much reading and studying on how this thing works and how to relieve or treat it. There are methods to get it in remission but none that I have saw can completely treat it. I know the pain of seeing people happy together and enjoying life. I am married and I refuse to let my husband see me naked. I have scarring under my left armpit and a small part on my groin area. I suffer in silence because I am ashamed to show him what this is doing to me. Staying strong is what has got me to this point. My advice to you is to focus on getting well. Trust me the body wont heal if your mind is toxic. Think POSITIVE it will be ok. Do things to help clear your mind. Then try eliminating go thing that can trigger off the HS. Nightshade vegetables, chocolate, dairy, beef. Once you start to see relief you will find strength. AND LOVE WILL COME.

• Posted

I've tried to think positive and I simply can't! Not a single day will go by where I can just be happy the entire time. Something will come along and I'll slip into my bad mood... I don't lie to myself and say things will change since, realistically, I don't think they will!

• Posted

I KNOW ITS HARD. I have had sooo many days I didn't want to wake up because of the day I knew I was gonna have. But the truth is you cant heal the body without healing the mind first. You can try and treat the body first but you will always be sick of some sort. Someone told me that a while back and I swear it makes so much sense. I was doing all of these different things to heal my body and they would only work for a short time. Healing the mind is thinking positive and relieving stress. Try meditation or just writing in a journal. At the same time change your eating habits. Like some of the other comments stated, cut the sugar, nightshades etc. Trust me I know this battle is just that A BATTLE. When you feel the negativity coming when you are having a good day. just say to yourself that I deserve to be happy today.

• Posted

if you guys want your lives back you can have it if you stop eating sugar. while people have had success cutting off certain foods it's always with the caveat that it mostly works. if you cut out sugar you will not have HS any more, period.

one of the most common nightshades we eat are tomatoes, which have a high sugar content, and I've noticed some signs of HS when I've eaten say an entire bowl of grape tomatoes. all the trigger foods which come up have one thing in common. whenever i notice a new small bump returning i can always trace it back to something i ate the previous day with sugar in it

i went from daily flareups where i lived most of my life with my arms propped on something because i couldn't have my underarms closed from the pain, to everything healing permanently. the scars are there but they're getting smaller. i only wish it hadn't taken 10 years of physical and psychological torture to figure it out

• Posted

I have many problems being older, I am pretty sure most of this is an intolerance to food. I have had issues with milk products for decades and its not lactose. Sugar does sound more to be the culprit.

• Posted

I COMPLETELY agree with the person who says sugar. I’ve posted before but I will sum up my story. 19 YEARS of embarrassing horrible HS. I was so embarrassed to get close to anyone in a romantic relationship in fear this would gross them out. I prayed by the time I was married it would be gone. Well I tried eliminating foods around 4 years ago. I thought it could be dairy. Nope. I read the whole night shade thing. That wasn’t my problem. Then around 3 years ago I had a gut feeling sugar was the problem. I kid you not, the moment I cut it out from my life my HS flair ups stopped!! But like the other person said, you have to TRULY cut it out! You can’t cheat. One bite of a cookie and I break out. For me tomato’s are fine. I eat a lot of tomato based food. Fruits are fine. It’s purely processed sugar. I can’t have anything at all or it will come back. I learned my lesson. When I grocery shop I look at the ingredients for everything. It takes a minute to learn what affects you, but for me I can’t buy an item with more than 8g of sugar. I know everyone is different and foods may be different triggers for most people but I swear mine has stopped! It’s crazy too because less than a year after I stopped sugar my body seemed to heal itself pretty well. My scars are so minimal now. It was horrible for the 19 years leading up to this discovery. Back to my point, I had faith, I was diligent and by the end of that year I met my now husband! Who would have thought I’d ever be comfortable with my body but he doesn’t even notice the scars. I was terrified to tell him when we were dating, but he wasn’t even bothered. I know how frustrating and horrible this is. Depression consumed me from time to time. I just wanted to feel normal. You are not alone.

• Posted

MY Family doc told me they dont knowANYTHING about this illness. We have to push for research to be done........thinking positive can be hard..I know..........I am hear to tell all of you that mine completely dissapeared.......Why? I have no idea......I tryed everything that one can try.....I tryed desitin, the stuff you use for baby rashes. That was the last thing I used be fore it went away. But my Doc said that it and can spontaneously vanished. For no reason at all......I wish it would happen for each one of you here at this site. Doc also said it can return for no apparent reason. I pray for a cure and l pray for all of you........all my love..and tears......KATHY

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.