I am so miserable right now I dont know what else to do ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been suffering from reoccureing boils for over 7 years now. Ive had atleast 4 lanced at the hospital but i cant endure that pain anymore. I just dont understand how the E.R can just that injecting numbing in the boil will actually work when there is infection present everyone knows that . I have one boil right now that i was able to drain a bit but its still hard i can move more but no more gunk is coming out im scared its going to close up and it will re appear again. I went to a derm today and i swear this would of been a prayer from up above to figure out what i can do firstly she never even touched my boil she just looked at it and said she was prescribing me an antibotic for inflammation I DONT NEED THAT i need ana antibotic for infection i was so upset i started to cry walking back to my car i dont know how much longer i can take living like this . Its so embrassing and i have so many scars im so horrified my experiences to the e.r to get them lanced i refuse to back let alone the pain doesnt stop there but to repack gauze and take it out for a week straight just thinking about it im starting to shake. I need help but i dont know who to go to .....

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Wow Jessica you describe how you are feeling very well, I do know how you feel all to well. I myself have been dealing with this for over 20 yrs now.Back then no one knew what and how painful it was physically and mentally...I for years thought I was some kind of freak.....On this site there are sooo many people that have tried different ways to try to cure and help themselves deal with this...I was so touched and reminded when I read your words...I honestly hope that you can somehow find some kind of relief..always remember that You are not alone....and that by gods grace someone will finally cure this...keep your chin up girl...I'll pray for ya...smile
  • Posted

I am sorry to hear you are in pain I know how it feels to go to your doctor and feel like they don't care or understand trying to hold back your tears but can't as you walk back to your car. I a cyst that I had lanced and drained twice in the past 2months and antibiotics and its still the same size and hurts like hell nothing is helping but its still draining so I guess that's good. HS is hard to cope with and the emotional pain is just as hard as the physical but like Teresa said your not alone. We are all here to support each other and to walk through this with each other. I have had this for 30 years before someone finely figured out what it was. Some days are harder then others. Hang in there. Try a warm comprises i wet my wash cloth and microwave for 30 seconds that may help it some.

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear you are going through such pain and discomfort with HS. Your dermatologist is correct in saying that you should go on antibiotics for inflammation and not for infection, this is because with HS the antibiotics are used purely for there inflammation properties even if they fight infection as well. Because HS is an inflammatory disease. The boils contents won't have a particular culture either. Every antibiotic I have been on has had little to no effect. Until recently to which has been miracle for me as I have not had a flare up since. I have been on a 12 weeks course of clindamycin and rifampacin combination. I shower twice a day, morning before work and after work and use hibiscrub which is an antimicrobial wash that surgeons use before surgery. I also apply clindamycin gel to the affected areas (for me, groin and top of bum crack) only ONCE per day (morning). The gel does take a while to start working, probably several weeks. But if you're on clindamycin and rifampacin tablets for 12 weeks whilst constantly using the clindamycin gel routine, in that time it will have started working so you can stop the tablets and carry on using the gel as a preventative measure. Please let me know how you get on and if this is a possibility and has been of any help. As more people read these threads it might help more people. Thanks for your post.
  • Posted

I had 3 recurring boils/abcesses that healed up but still with pockets of hard matter.  In the end I went to a surgeon who incised them completely under a local anaesthetic and they have never come back.   I find that is the only way to get rid of problems ones entirely.   Ok they come back in a different place but if they keep recurring there I will get them done too.

My dermatologist said this is the only way at my stage to stop them recurring.  I presume you are under a dermatologist?   If so go back and see them.  x

• Posted

Hi Jessica smile I too feel your pain! I know in my own experience the one time I had one lanced it didn't work in fact now it's more painful whenever I get them in that area because it is on top of hardened scar tissue. I Know that because I am overweight and I smoke that changing those two things about myself would help immensely but one thing I have noticed that is helpful in maintaining my outbreak areas is plain old hydrogen peroxide. I have it in a spray bottle that I keep in the bathroom and everytime I use the bathroom I spray the area thoroughly and let it set for about 30 seconds before patting it dry. unfortunately nothing out there will heal our disease but taking better care of ourselves is definitely key to making it easier...unfortunately, for me that's been a bit of a challenge to! good luck sister hang in there :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.