I am so nervous for high school I feel like throwing up.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi. So I have an anxiety disorder and I don't take meds or get therapy because my mom won't let me (I'm 14) it's very frustrating I get nervous about doing anything. When I get an anxiety attack I feel like throwing up and not moving. Well tomorrow I have a high school orientation and I'm really nervous for it. I don't want to throw up if I get anxiety there because it's happened several times. I hate throwing up it's so embarrassing. I even woke up this morning with very severe stomach issues and feeling sick. I really need help how do I calm myself down? I'm super nervous for the first day too and once I even threw up on the first day of school because I got so nervous (in grade 7) Ugh what do I do?! My mom won't let me skip and it's a 4 hour orientation. IVE NEVER BEEN TO THE HIGH SCHOOL. What if I get lost? UGH ok I'm done now just pls help.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hey lily we are alike iam 14 and I start school tmr to , when I frist had anxiety I didn't know what to do , couldn't get any help either because I was 14 and never had a therapist , but one thing that always help me the most was when I was gettin and anxiety attack or when I was panicking I always told myself there's nothing wrong with me is anxiety tryna take over ,  so what I tell you is don't let anxiety win , when u feel like ur gonna throw up , talk to a friend about anything , don't just stay standing and let anxiety beat you , while ur talking tell yourself iama not gonna throw up , it's anxiety tryna take me over.  So don't be scared , and your not the only one that's nervous every upcoming freshman including me is nervous to. So have fun and enjoy ur first day 

• Posted

Hi pet l am sure you are not the only one that is feeling anxious for tomorrow l would think everyone is feeling the same way.Do you know anyone that is going to your high school.If not just don't panic about getting lost just ask someone where to go.l think your mother is right for not allowing you to avoid tomorrow because that is the worst thing you could do.Try some relaxation techniques on YouTube find something that suits you.Also learn breathing techniques and practice them several times a day.l agree with your mother also about medication however I think you should have therapy.Remember this your thoughts and fears are making you anxious not high school.You can do this.Let us know how you get on.

• Posted

Hi! I just went to orientation yesterday.. I somehow managed to stop an anxiety attack and got on just fine. No throwing up at all! I was exhausted because I woke up at 5 am... But besides that everything was pretty good. I feel pretty ok about the first day and I'm nervous obviously but excited. Btw thanks to you and everyone else who took the time to reply and care about me, it honestly helped and made me calm down a ton! smile

• Posted

That is awesome that you were able to stop yourself from having an anxiety attack! And I am glad you enjoyed yourself at your orientation. I loved high school. It was a place of refuge for me because I was so busy when I was at school that I didn't have time to panic. I also loved being with friends. I hope you have a great first day when the time comes!

• Posted

Well done pet.l knew you could do it.You have this and be very proud of yourself.Thanks for letting us know how you got on.
  • Posted

Hi Lilycatherine, I am so sorry you are suffering like this! As for your mom, that is very disheartening to hear that she will not allow you to get help. I would suggest the next time you have a doctor's appointment that you mention the issues you are having and ask her to speak with your mom. I would suggest you get a book about anxiety if you can't get help from other resources. Tonight I suggest you get on YouTube or find a phone app with relaxation techniques. You can try to watch them and follow along. I think you will be shocked with how much they help!

• Posted

Thank you. She loves me and does try to help me but she just doesn't think therapy is necessary rolleyes 

• Posted

Hi Lily, 

I was in the same situation as you in my teens, I suffered hugely from anxiety and depression. My mother wouldn't believe me and said I was to young to have a problem, I was too afraid and anxious to ask anyone else for help. I am now 27 and my anxiety and depression has made my life miserable and ruined my marriage. I am only now starting to get help.  

If you feel you need therapy please try and get the help, does your school have a nurse or a counsellor you can talk to?  Being nervous is normal but vomiting and having anxiety attacks is something you can get help with. 

Best wishes and please look after yourself. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.