I am so scared.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I don’t understand why anxiety hits me the worst at night... I am crying my eyes out right now so scared to death thinking I have lymphoma cancer or some type of cancer because I’ve been feeling sick for a month and half. I know I have anxiety, and I am depressed but I just swear something bad is happening to me. I can’t trust my moms words or the doctor. I want to but I just can’t. I am seriously thinking I do not have a future. My symtoms every single day are headache, tingling hands+fingers, arm joint pain, fatigue, and latley ive had this pain near my throat and I am so terrified it’s a lymph node. :’( I just need to know if anxiety can cause this much pshycial pain on a person. 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi candy I am so sorry that you are going through this. Anxiety is so debilitating and yes it can cause  a lot of physical symptoms that can mimic diseases and thats what it likes to do. I have been suffering since I was 11 and have had the most weird and scary feelings and  I see a psychologist who is helping me a lot. The worst thing we can do is dwell on it and obsess about it but I know that is hard. Its hard to me still. The more you fear it the worse it gets. When I was at my worse I just knew I had schizophrenia or early on set dementia. The pain near your throat is there a lump there as well? I am pretty sure its not lymphoma as you would be getting other symptoms. We have lymph nodes all over out body and they are there to fight infections and swell when we do have infections. Maybe go back to your dr and  have them check out the pain in your neck even just for reassurance. I need to be reassured about anything even after all these years and I have a headache every day. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

Hi,

Anxiety is a #####, it feeds on worry, and self perpetuates symptoms which create worse anxiety and worse symptoms if left unmanaged.

Ask your doc if councelling would help, I have had 3 lots. It helps you explore why you feel like you do and how to manage it.

All the best

• Posted

They referred me to go to therapy. I try to motivate myself to go but when I feel psychical pain I just want to be “in my safe spot” aka home. I hope to gain the stegnth to go. Thank you for the help!
    • Posted

Just something to bare in mind...

Anxiety sufferers can also suffer with what is called 'Somatic' pain which is pain that there is no medical explanation for, thats because our mind focuses on a specific body area and creates the pain...

Just another joyus symptom of Anxiety smile

• Posted

I agree that counselling could be helpful. The funny thing about the human body is that when something is very seriously wrong with it; it tells us. And not really in a “my head hurts” or “I’m breathing fast” kinda way, but in high fevers, unstoppable vomiting or absurd pain that results in a hospital trip. You will usually know if something is severe or threatening, I recommend visiting a doctor just to make you feel better and rule things out. 
    • Posted

I’m going to take a CBC test today to ease my mind.. I am a nervous wreck for the results though! But thank you for your Advice❤️
  • Posted

Hi Candy

Anxiety has many symptoms although I have not suffered pain. I just get nausea, tiredness, feeling a bit low and loss of appetite but bear with your medication. That’s what everyone has told me. How long have you been taking your meds? X

• Posted

Yes, I’m on week 3 of meds. Only change I see if me actually getting out of bed and doing Small things around the house. Headaches aren’t as daily as they were. But that’s about it. I still suffer 
  • Posted

Hi Candycakez,

As discussed in a previous post, I'm a lymph node veteran at this point! lol I can tell u right now that u do NOT have lymphoma. None of those symptoms u described having are symptoms of lymphoma! Symptoms of lymphoma are visibly swollen lymph nodes & severe night sweats, rapid weight loss, and persistent fevers. You do not have any of those!! lol.

I imagine that what I say will not be very helpful as u already stated that u just can't believe what others are telling u. But really try to discipline ur mind and think of it this way - there is absolutely NO certainty to your thoughts/worries. All they are is thoughts in ur head. The only certain thing here would testing and a professional doctors diagnosis. Now you've already seen ur doctor and they said you're fine. So why are u not giving them the trust they deserve, and instead u trust your thoughts which have no foundation or basis for real worry? It just doesn't make sense.

I understand you're justifying your worries by saying ur body doesn't feel right. But even just 5 min of googling will tell you what u described having are NOT symptoms of lymphoma. So just try to really think about that for a min and discipline your irrational fears.

What if I said to u I'm worried I have a brain tumor... and u asked what are my symptoms and I replied, 'I have a stomach ache and I'm having trouble sleeping'. U'd probably say back uhh none of those symptoms have anything to do with a brain tumor lol. Ur doing the same thing with this fear of lymphoma!

I really really recommend you see a therapist, I think it will help you a LOT.

• Posted

Hi Philly! 

Thank you for reaching out! I just get so worried. This all started because of a pain under my Arm pit. It was a shooting pain but I couldn’t feel a lump. I had seen a doctor and she felt all my nodes and said she couldn’t feel anything. & then like I said for the last couple days my frontal neck had pain and feels sore so I’m thinking it’s my lymph node and i have lymphoma!! Just those symtoms and everything else I’m experiencing makes me feel like I truly am sick. I’m 3 weeks on anti depressants and I still feel sick. I understand the pill isn’t magic and it takes time but I worry and think omg what if it’s not even due to anxiety what if I have another illness. rolleyes  I’m going to get a CBC test today to clear my mind but I am scared beyond to find out the results. sad I really want to see a therapist I just wish these psychical symtoms would go away first. 

• Posted

I totally get what you're saying bc I do the same thing to myself. Just a piece of info though: your only symptom you mentioned is a pain in your neck right? Cancerous lymph nodes do not cause pain, in fact a red flag for a bad lymph swollen lymph node is being painLESS. So if that's your symptom then you have literally nothing to match up to lymphoma whatsoever lol. As for another disease, that I can't help you with but I know at least in my own experience with lymph nodes that you definitely do NOT have lymphoma if that's your only symptom.

Also, the problem isn't the physical feelings you have, it's your mind. That is why I highly suggest seeing a therapist. The pains/aches and physical symptoms you have are coming from your mind. So it wouldn't make sense to wait to see a therapist for your anxiety until they go away, bc they will not go away until you get your anxiety under control.

I know it sounds crazy and unbelievable that your mind alone could cause such uncomfortable physical feelings, but ask ANYONE on here with anxiety, and they will tell you otherwise. I've had soooo many different physical symptoms from anxiety over the past 4 years. Each time I thought I was dying or had cancer, etc. Then eventually one symptom would go away and a new one would come. And it wasn't until then that I would think back to the old symptoms I had and realize, oh hey those are all gone now... I guess nothing was wrong w me... lol.

It's good you are on meds, hopefully that will help u! But meds will not cure your health anxiety and irrational fears of illness. The only way to cure that is to fix your thinking/mindset which a therapist will help you do.

• Posted

Hi candycakez, 

?Sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better after your CBC test. If you have clear results, then that means you should be fine, and the problem is more anxiety than physical. 

Until then it's really difficult though!

Best wishes,

Jonathan 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.