I am so scared

Posted , 7 users are following.

hello it's my first time on here I've always gone in menopause forums because all my symptoms but about a month ago I had a terrible pain for a week before my period and after my period the pain persists I had went to the emergency room and I had a UTI but I drank the antibiotics and the pain wouldn't go away so I decided Saturday to go in again and was sent for an ultrasound since my urine came back with no UTI so the ultrasound showed that I had uterine fibroids but I'm a little scared because looking over my paperwork I also see that it says pelvic mass and that scared me so much I've been getting pain right above my pubic bone it goes around my stomach to my back also I have a weird sensation like I don't know how to explain it like pressure I think like a tingling sensation that goes down my legs and I could feel some warm sensation in my private area I also have to urinate a lot and I see that my bowl movements has changed I have an appointment for my gynecologist on the 30th but I called in today they told me I could walk in and wait to see if he could see me I am so frightened can anybody tell me anything about this any information would be very much appreciated I haven't eaten and slept just thinking about this since they told me thank you and God bless!!!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

sounds like fibroid symptoms to me. i have to have a scan in the next week because my symptoms have changed and all

sorts of awful things are racing through my mind too xx

• Posted

hello kate thank you so much for your reply sorry to here you are going through this too if you don't mine can you tell me what are your symptoms this is so scary I'm at the gynecologist right now waiting to see if they can get me in as a walk in wishing you the best!!!

• Posted

Please, please don't be scared. I've experienced your symptoms and what you describe is very common with fibroids, especially if they are quite big. The 'pelvic mass' reference is just how medics refer to the condition.

Fibroids are sooo uncomfortable but they are benign. Mine weighed 11lbs and I couldn't control my bladder or bowel. I'm fine now!

Please try not to worry too much...you Will be fine xx

• Posted

hello jenny thank you so much for your word's of comfort ever since they told me i can't cope i can't sleep or eat i get in to panic and breakdown and cry i only think of my family and that triggers me I'm praying to god that everything is ok I'm 47 and in peri meno and i start searching on Google and i get more worried..i really appreciate your reply sending you a hug and many blessings!!!

• Posted

Marisol, gynae symptoms can be very scary but hang in there. When my doctor told me she could feel a large ovarian mass I was sure I was going to die. I didn't obviously. Fibroids are very common... most women have them but they only cause problems when they get very big. Take care and best wishes xx

• Posted

My advice is for you to be strong and see what your walk in appointment would say.

You are in a safe hands. Good luckxx

• Posted

i started having pain/weird pressure in my right side a year ago thought i had kidney or bladder infection. had xrays and urine test given antibiotics. Two weeks later pain still yhere another xray. Family dr sent me for ultrasound showed adenomyosis, sent to gyno. She did biopsy was fine then MRI, this showed fibroids and cyst on right ovary. Its been a year, 2 MRI's, 3 ultrasounds, 3 xrays, mirena iud and still pain. drs say pain not from fibroids cyst and adeno but i think theyre nuts! I am just over two week period making gyno appt to ask for hysterectomy im 49 and so done with pain! Tired all the time, cant sleep right have to pee all the time, bowel issues had colonoscopy all good so im positive all issues due to gyno problems.

• Posted

Hi Marisol, sorry about all the horror thats happening with you , my advise is , just get your doctor visits done and do what you have to do- I had similar issues dealing with just like yours and I realized that worrying and stressing didn't help at all but just kept losing sleep and fretting all the time too, today I can say all that is over because I just started following my doctors orders and eventually removed my fibroids, and felt absolutely no pain during or after, so now I am more than 2 years fibroid-free , worry-free and stress-free. I'll be praying for you.

• Posted

sounds like fibroid symptoms to me those things are terrible. talk of treatment when next you visit

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.