I am so scared does anyone else have this fear?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I google and read so much about seizures and it scares the living daylights out of me.

I cannot cope with this fear it has completely taken over my life. Every minute I feel like I am going to have a fit. People stories that have epilepsy have explained how it feels when you have one before, during and after and it sounds like the worst experience that anyone can go through.

I get loads of symptoms like deja vu, adrenaline rushes, panic feelings through my body, weird vision feelings and blurry vision it can happen numerous times a day. A lot of these symptoms I keep relating to seizures and I am panicking so much.

What do I do I am on citalopram and have been for 4 months but I am going through the worst right now with these seizure thoughts?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Let me tell you this. That i had many fears before and still now. I was scared of everything, even imagined things. But you should know that it is just the excessive adrenaline that makes you feel weird and tense your body. But it's harmless i'm sure about that. You don't have seizures. If you want to make sure, go and see a doctor. Check if you have any real issues with your health or not. Anyway, you're fine. I know anxiety is the worst but as the time goes by, it will eventually go away. The fear can make you feel overwhelmed and a lot of feelings , but it can never truly harm you. Wish you will get better soon 😉

• Posted

Thank you xElla but I am so worried that these feelings I have on and off for years will eventually diagnose into seizures. The doctors have told me it is not but they can be wrong cant they? Many docs make mistakes?

These feelings can happen out of the blue when I am not even feeling anxious but they only last seconds but make me feel weird I can feel it building up in my head.

Is deja vu caused by anxiety? What causes these weird vision feelings out of nowhere and it only lasts a few seconds

• Posted

I think you should see a therapist to see if they can help you to reduce stress and your worry. If you are a normal healthy man and

don't have any other problems with your health then i think you can't have seizures. I even thought that i had breast cancer before cause the anxiety it could be so real. That i went to see doctor twice and it always came out as nothing. I also thought that i had melanoma but after the biopsy the doctor found nothing. I tell you that anxiety can really trick you into believing something that is not true.

• Posted

but ella if you read about seizures? the bit that worries me is what they call an aura and thats the symptoms i get? the fear from nothing, the strange vision, i get deja vu a lot ive read that is related to seizures.

i hope that anxiety can cause deja vu and weird panic out of nothing.

my panic feelings only last a few seconds i thought panic attack feelings last longer

• Posted

Don't read about it on GG anymore. Do you realize everytime you do that the more scared and anxious you feel? The anxiety manipulates you into believing its magnified lie and make you fall deeper into it. You should see all the symptoms that anxiety can cause. If you still feel worried, you should see a doctor to check if there are any problems with your health. And have you seen a therapist before? I think you should.

• Posted

I'm very sorry you are still experiencing these debilitating thoughts. I feel that perhaps your obsessive complusive thought disorder is at a point where it is beyond the capabilities of this forum.

I'm not saying you shouldn't post here, but you don't seem to be comforted by any answers you receive. So i would suggest that you seek professional therapy or maybe even a therapeutic treatment programme to assist with your fears.

• Posted

Hi Caz I am very much comforted by people's words on here. I think it is just the fact I am worried sick about it I feel I have to keep posting it on here for the reassurance.

Do you feel anxiety can cause deja vu? Foggy vision? weird head rush symptoms

• Posted

It can cause EVERYTHING. I even felt like i was in another world, i didn't feel connected with the real world and even had some destructive thoughts before.

• Posted

Honestly there's not many things i can think of that anxiety can't emulate. Thats why its so hard to live with and know what's anxiety and what isn't.

• Posted

You are right. Anxiety appears everywhere and in everything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.