I am so worried

Posted , 3 users are following.

can anyone tell me if globus can feel like a pill in throat after about 5 mins after eating food i am so worried pls help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi Lee,

Globus can feel like you have something stuck in your throat, like a pill or a piece of food. Unfortunately the more you worry about it, the worse it can get. I would always get a doctor to check everything is ok with your throat and oesophagus and get a correct diagnosis.

If you have had everything checked out and all is well, then Globus can be self treated or treated by various health professionals. Globus can effect people in different ways and people can have different symptoms.

Globus can take over your life and it can take its toll on your wellbeing, however help is out there.

Hope you get the help/advice you need.

Take care, Jackie.

• Edited

Hello! i have the same sensation! i have also had the feeling like their are hairs in my throat similar to having a bacterial infection or something. I saw a nutritionist recently who recommened taking consistant doses of ibuprofen every 6 hour (because mine is related to anxiety) Anxiety actually can cause physical swelling in a part of your brain that controls all of the reflexes and processes that you dont control yourself (things your body regulates and does for you like swallowing) taking ibuprofen can help with the swelling and take away the sensation! my nutritionist told me to take the ibuprofen for at least 24 hours consistantly in order to notice a difference. everyone is different but i hope this helps you! i just started it today

• Posted

thank you so much people for getting back.i had a camera up nose and down throat on 30th October found nout its so hobble

• Posted

thank you so much people for getting back.i had a camera up nose and down throat on 30th October found nout its so hobble

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.