I am soon due for marsupialization. I would like to know a few things from you whom have done it.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello there ladies.

I am 24 years old and I got my bartholin gland cyst last year in April/May. Mine is the size of a grape and I am never wet during sex.

I am going in for an appointment with the doctor for my bartholin gland cyst.

During my consultation, they confirmed that I had a BS (I already knew that, and I tried all the home remedies with no luck). Doc said I need to have a marsupialization done and I am scared yet excited for the procedure. So my questions are;

1 Where do they inject the local anesthetic? (I heard it's injected in the lower back.) That's what is most scary about this for me.

2 How long does it take to properly heal? Till the point you can say I'm a bit better now and I feel good about myself.

3 Does the vaginal look funny or disformed afterwards?

4 What are the chances of it coming back after marsupialization/ how many have had recurrences?

I would really appreciate your help in answering my questions because it will be a testimony from you ladies.

I hope and Pray that I get this procudere done this Friday because I have delayed it for way too long. (I was scared of scaring from the beginning that's why I have tolerated this for over a year now but it has really affected my sex life and my confidence)

I hope you will share with me your experiences because I look forward to a better life and your testimonies will surely calm my nerves down.

Thank you so much dear ladies and I hope we all get better.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had marsipulization done and was back at work the next day. It was sore for a few hours after but painkillers helped. I had a general anaesthetic so was asleep when they did mine. At first they mentioned doing it under local but because my swelling was very hard they said it was best if I'm asleep. The injection does not go in your back though as far as I'm aware it's goes in around the cyst. 

Stitches were dissolvable and took a good 3-4 weeks to disappear, no difiguration at all on me down there. I had a week of antibiotics to take after the procedure and it went away completely however, 3 weeks later it came back!! Still there now but not to the same degree yet. It goes up and down so for now I'm just trying to manage myself with hot Epsom salt sitz baths and Ive started on turmeric (curcumin) & black pepper caspsules. Good luck with your procedure and I hope you have better luck than me x

• Posted

Hello Nicole. Thanks so much for letting me know. I think you answered me well. I'm going in for surgery on Thursday. Thank you for the well wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.